Change of Government In Nigeria Unacceptable – General Musa – The Reflector Newspaper
Friday, August 29, 2025
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
The Reflector Newspaper
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Business
  • Opinions
  • Sport
  • Crime
  • Others
    • Education
    • Economy
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion & Style
    • Health
    • Interview
    • Love & Relationships
    • Technology
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
The Reflector Newspaper
Home News

Change of Government In Nigeria Unacceptable – General Musa

Change of Government In Nigeria Unacceptable – General Musa Rules Out Call For Coup

Ifeanyi Uzoechiena by Ifeanyi Uzoechiena
August 5, 2024
in News
1
Change of Government In Nigeria Unacceptable – General Musa
0
SHARES
41
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInShare on WhatsAppShare on TelegramSend to Email

The National Security Council has warned that it will not accept the push for a change of government in the country and has described the use of foreign flags as treasonous.

This came against the backdrop of a trending video of some protesters openly inviting the military to takeover government.

Related posts

Obi Faults FG Over Hike In International Passport Fees

Obi Faults FG Over Hike In International Passport Fees

August 29, 2025
BREAKING: New Minimum Wage Payment Begins From July 29 – FG

NLC Demands N150,000 Minimum Wage For Lagos Workers

August 29, 2025

Emerging from the meeting presided over by President Bola Tinubu at the Presidential Villa, Abuja on Monday, the Chief of Defense Staff (CDS), General Christopher Musa, who spoke for the council, said that they military will go after protesters bearing foreign flags which he said impinges on the sovereignty of the country.

He said the action is treasonous, adding that President Tinubu has directed that such must not be allowed to hold sway.

General Musa also noted that the #EndBadGovernance which started as a peaceful protest, has turned to riot, saying that as previously hinted, the military has decided to move in as a result.

Briefing correspondents after the meeting, he said: “We wanted to brief Mr. President on the situation on ground and we know that since the riot has started, all the security agencies you can see all of us together.

“Initially, when the riot, started they said it was a peaceful riot, but we have realised that there are individuals that are willing to take advantage of it to cause mayhem. And we can see clearly what has happened since it has commenced. Criminals have taken over, a lot of looting taking place, stealing and all sorts happening.

“Also the issue of coups, Nigeria is a sovereign nation, Nigeria is a democratic nation. All security agencies are here to defend democracy and ensure that democracy continues to thrive.

“We will not accept anyone pushing or taking any action, seemingly or for whatever reason to want to push for any change of government.

“Democracy is what we stand for democracy is what will continue to defend.

“And we are all standing here together to show Nigerians that we’re working closely, we are working together with synergy to ensure that there’s still peace and tranquility in Nigeria that we have assured Mr. President.”

General Musa denied that soldiers have been involved in looting along with others under the ongoing protest.

Asked about it, he said: “No. I think it has been cleared, I think it was also a misconception. They actually have seen those things and they wanted to clear them away from that are and that’s what was done. We have investigated thoroughly, the Chief of Army Staff is here. We have investigated thoroughly and there is nothing like such no member of the Armed Forces fall into doing that. And he’s very clear.

“We’ve said that clearly that the military is going to step in when it is out of hand and you can see that for people supervising elements to push individuals to carry Russian flags in Nigeria, Nigeria sovereignty, that is crossing the red line and we will not accept that. And those ones who have done that will go in for the books and they want to be prosecuted.”

The National Security Council meeting was held amid the ongoing nationwide #EndBadGovernance protest, which continued in Abuja on Monday despite President Tinubu’s attempt to pacify Nigerians in his Sunday national broadcast.

The meeting caused the indefinite postponement of the Federal Executive Council (FEC) earlier scheduled for day.

The council meeting was attended by all heads of security and law enforcement agencies inside the president’s office.

Specifically at the meeting was Vice President Kashim Shettima, the Chief of Staff to the President, Femi Gbajabiamila; the National Security Adviser (NSA), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu; the CDS) and the three service chiefs; as well as the Inspector General of Police (IGP), Kayode Egbetokun.

Also in the meeting were the Director-General of the Department of State Service (DSS), Yusuf Bichi; Director-General of the National Intelligence Agency (NIA), Ahmed Rufai, Comptroller-General of the Nigerian Customs Service (NCS), Col Adewale Adeniyi; as well as the Comptroller-General of the Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS), Kemi Nanna Nandap.

 

Nigerian Tribune

Tags: #EndBadGovernance protestCoupGeneral Christopher MustaphaPresident Ahmed Bola Tinubu

The Reflector Newspaper's newsletters cover a variety of topics, from daily news to lifestyle content, markets info to medical news. Subscribe to get the latest information.

Unsubscribe
Previous Post

Flying Foreign Flag In Nigeria Is Treasonable – CDS Warn Protesters

Next Post

JUST IN: PDP Suspends Former Gov, Ortom

Next Post
JUST IN: PDP Suspends Former Gov, Ortom

JUST IN: PDP Suspends Former Gov, Ortom

Comments 1

  1. 탑플레이어 포커 머니상 says:
    1 year ago

    탑플레이어 포커 머니상은 간편하고 빠른 거래 시스템으로 포커 머니 거래를 더욱 쉽게 만들었습니다. 지금 바로 탑플레이어 포커 머니상에서 편리한 거래를 경험하세요! https://www.topplaypoker.com/

RECOMMENDED NEWS

Supporters Of Ondo Deputy Governor Plan Protest Against Impeachment Proceedings

Breaking: Again, Akeredolu Commences Medical Leave, Transmit Power To Deputy

2 years ago
Ex-PDP Chairman, Loyalists Dumps Party, Join APC

I Left PDP Because ‘The Umbrella’ Is Broken Beyond Repair — Ex-lawmaker

6 months ago
Call Fubara Anything, What Rivers People Want Is Peace: Sara-Igbe To Wike

No One Can Sack Me From PDP: Wike

3 months ago

When Churches’ Become Fetish Ritual Dens By Tony Ogunlowo

8 years ago

FOLLOW US

BROWSE BY CATEGORIES

  • Business
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Style
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Health
  • Interview
  • Love & Relationships
  • News
  • Opinions
  • Politics
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Uncategorized

BROWSE BY TOPICS

#EndBadGovernance protest 2027 Elections ADC Ademola Adeleke Akpabio Alaafin Of Oyo APC Atiku Bola Tinubu Buhari By-Elections CBEX Coalition Dangote Refinery Defection Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) Economic Hardship EFCC Emergency Rule Federal Government of Nigeria Fubara Fuel Price Fuel Price Hike Gunmen INEC JAMB Natasha Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL) Nnamdi Kanu NNPC NNPCL NYSC Olubadan PDP Peter Obi President Ahmed Bola Tinubu Rivers Administrator Rivers Assembly Rivers Crisis Senate Tinubu UTME VeryDarkMan WAEC Wike

POPULAR NEWS

  • Congo’s President Daughter’s Bedroom Surfaces Online

    Congo’s President Daughter’s Bedroom Surfaces Online

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Economy Bleeds As Naira Hits Record Low With N72.58 Depreiciation Against Dollar

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Old Naira Notes Remain Valid – CBN

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Gospel Actress, Flora Of Abattoir Movie Series Is Dead

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • JUST IN: FCT Minister Wike Leads Eid-El-Fitr Homage To President Tinubu Amid Death Rumors

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
The Reflector Newspaper

Our mission at The Reflector Newspaper is to cultivate a dynamic digital space where truth, integrity, and diversity thrive.

Follow us on social media:

Recent News

  • Obi Faults FG Over Hike In International Passport Fees
  • NLC Demands N150,000 Minimum Wage For Lagos Workers
  • PDP Considering Jonathan, Obi For 2027 Presidential Ticket – Bala Mohammed
  • NNPC Was Losing N500m Monthly At PH Refinery When I Took Over – Ojulari

Category

  • Business
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Style
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Health
  • Interview
  • Love & Relationships
  • News
  • Opinions
  • Politics
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Uncategorized

Recent News

Obi Faults FG Over Hike In International Passport Fees

Obi Faults FG Over Hike In International Passport Fees

August 29, 2025
BREAKING: New Minimum Wage Payment Begins From July 29 – FG

NLC Demands N150,000 Minimum Wage For Lagos Workers

August 29, 2025
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact

Copyright © 2024 The Reflector Newspaper. Website designed by Mavens Designs.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
  • Login
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Business
  • Opinions
  • Sport
  • Crime
  • Others
    • Education
    • Economy
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion & Style
    • Health
    • Interview
    • Love & Relationships
    • Technology

Copyright © 2024 The Reflector Newspaper. Website designed by Mavens Designs.

Verified by MonsterInsights