Nigerian Content Development Commission To Inaugurate Board With N72bn – The Reflector Newspaper
Friday, August 29, 2025
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
The Reflector Newspaper
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Business
  • Opinions
  • Sport
  • Crime
  • Others
    • Education
    • Economy
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion & Style
    • Health
    • Interview
    • Love & Relationships
    • Technology
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
The Reflector Newspaper
Home News

Nigerian Content Development Commission To Inaugurate Board With N72bn

Adams Bamidele by Adams Bamidele
August 22, 2017
in News
0
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInShare on WhatsAppShare on TelegramSend to Email

The Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB) has said that it had obtained all necessary approvals to re-launch the Nigerian Content Intervention Fund (NCI Fund) with N72 billion ($200m)

Mr Sibi Wabote, the Executive Secretary of the Board, disclosed this in a statement made available to newsmen in Lagos.

Related posts

NEITI Backs Ojulari To Deliver Oil Sector Reforms

NEITI Backs Ojulari To Deliver Oil Sector Reforms

August 29, 2025
Edo NDLEA Decorates 7 Deputy Commanders 

Edo NDLEA Decorates 7 Deputy Commanders 

August 29, 2025

Wabote said the fund, which would be available for lending to qualified oil and gas players, had been increased from $100m to $200m to ensure that more deserving companies would benefit.

He said that the money would be disbursed directly by the Bank of Industry (BOI) at eight per cent interest rate and repayable within five years.

The board secretary said that this confirmation was coming as the management of Dangote petroleum refinery had agreed to select competent Nigerian vendors that would participate in the construction of the plant from the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry Joint Qualification System (NOGICJQS).

He said that data on available capacity in the oil and gas industry was being managed by Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB).

The Chief Operating Officer in Dangote Refinery Project, Mr Giuseppe Surace, was quoted as saying that Dangote was committed to the project at a technical meeting held between top officials of the company and NCDMB at the refinery project site in Lekki, Lagos State.

He affirmed that there were many advantages in patronising the local market, stressing that “Nigerian companies will get the first right of refusal. We will procure anything that is available in Nigeria.”

The Dangote COO confirmed there were several Nigerian Content opportunities in the company’s refinery and gas gathering projects, but interested companies must submit competitive bids and have technical capabilities.

He explained that the project is a private investment, hence the strategy is to get the best quality anywhere in the world at the most competitive price.

Surace advised local vendors to quote reasonable prices when bidding for industry projects, rather than believe that they would win jobs because of the Nigerian Content Act, irrespective of expensive quotations they submitted.

He said that Dangote Group engaged the services of some Nigerian companies on its fertiliser project which had reached advance stage of development.

Surace said that Dangote was committed to do the same on the 650,000 barrels per day refinery project which would be completed in October 2019.

Wabote promised that the Board would assist the company in the utilization of the NOGICJQS database to ensure that it maximised the utilisation of local personnel, goods and services in the construction and operations phase of the project.

“The Nigerian Content Act applies to every player in the Nigerian oil and gas industry and not just international companies.

“If Nigerian companies and investors procure everything from abroad then the essence of the Act will be defeated,’’ he said.

Wabote said that slight cost differentials between Nigerian and foreign vendors should not be an excuse to export jobs.

He said that Nigerian companies were affected by high cost of funds and powering their operations with diesel generators, assuring that investments and initiatives by the Federal Government were already improving the power situation in the country.

Wabote sought the collaboration of Dangote Refinery to build infrastructure and human capacity that would support the operations phase of the project.

The Reflector Newspaper's newsletters cover a variety of topics, from daily news to lifestyle content, markets info to medical news. Subscribe to get the latest information.

Unsubscribe
Previous Post

Argentina, Uruguay Plans Joint Hosting Bid For World Cup

Next Post

CBN Injects $195m To Boost Forex Market

Next Post

CBN Injects $195m To Boost Forex Market

RECOMMENDED NEWS

Resident Doctors Commence 7-Day Warning Strike

No Work, No Pay, FG To Evoke Policy For Striking Doctors

12 months ago
Shettima To Attend Senegal’s Independence Day Anniversary In Dakar

Shettima To Attend Senegal’s Independence Day Anniversary In Dakar

5 months ago
SGF Akume: Labour Has Power To Ensure Compliance With Minimum Wage

SGF Akume: Labour Has Power To Ensure Compliance With Minimum Wage

1 year ago
Atiku’s Northern Supporters Defect To APC

2027: We Don’t Owe You Nigeria’s Presidency  —  Sowunmi Shades Atiku

2 months ago

FOLLOW US

BROWSE BY CATEGORIES

  • Business
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Style
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Health
  • Interview
  • Love & Relationships
  • News
  • Opinions
  • Politics
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Uncategorized

BROWSE BY TOPICS

#EndBadGovernance protest 2027 Elections ADC Ademola Adeleke Akpabio Alaafin Of Oyo APC Atiku Bola Tinubu Buhari By-Elections CBEX Coalition Dangote Refinery Defection Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) Economic Hardship EFCC Emergency Rule Federal Government of Nigeria Fubara Fuel Price Fuel Price Hike Gunmen INEC JAMB Natasha Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL) Nnamdi Kanu NNPC NNPCL NYSC Olubadan PDP Peter Obi President Ahmed Bola Tinubu Rivers Administrator Rivers Assembly Rivers Crisis Senate Tinubu UTME VeryDarkMan WAEC Wike

POPULAR NEWS

  • Congo’s President Daughter’s Bedroom Surfaces Online

    Congo’s President Daughter’s Bedroom Surfaces Online

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Economy Bleeds As Naira Hits Record Low With N72.58 Depreiciation Against Dollar

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Old Naira Notes Remain Valid – CBN

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Gospel Actress, Flora Of Abattoir Movie Series Is Dead

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • JUST IN: FCT Minister Wike Leads Eid-El-Fitr Homage To President Tinubu Amid Death Rumors

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
The Reflector Newspaper

Our mission at The Reflector Newspaper is to cultivate a dynamic digital space where truth, integrity, and diversity thrive.

Follow us on social media:

Recent News

  • NEITI Backs Ojulari To Deliver Oil Sector Reforms
  • Edo NDLEA Decorates 7 Deputy Commanders 
  • Delta Deputy Speaker Criticizes Oil Firms For Ignoring Meeting
  • Former Super Eagles Striker Ujah Retires From Football

Category

  • Business
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Style
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Health
  • Interview
  • Love & Relationships
  • News
  • Opinions
  • Politics
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Uncategorized

Recent News

NEITI Backs Ojulari To Deliver Oil Sector Reforms

NEITI Backs Ojulari To Deliver Oil Sector Reforms

August 29, 2025
Edo NDLEA Decorates 7 Deputy Commanders 

Edo NDLEA Decorates 7 Deputy Commanders 

August 29, 2025
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact

Copyright © 2024 The Reflector Newspaper. Website designed by Mavens Designs.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
  • Login
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Business
  • Opinions
  • Sport
  • Crime
  • Others
    • Education
    • Economy
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion & Style
    • Health
    • Interview
    • Love & Relationships
    • Technology

Copyright © 2024 The Reflector Newspaper. Website designed by Mavens Designs.

Verified by MonsterInsights