Death Toll Rises To 32 In Katsina Mosque Attack as Government Vows Justice – The Reflector Newspaper
Friday, August 29, 2025
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
The Reflector Newspaper
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Business
  • Opinions
  • Sport
  • Crime
  • Others
    • Education
    • Economy
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion & Style
    • Health
    • Interview
    • Love & Relationships
    • Technology
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
The Reflector Newspaper
Home Featured

Death Toll Rises To 32 In Katsina Mosque Attack as Government Vows Justice

Victor Okebunmi by Victor Okebunmi
August 21, 2025
in Featured, News
0
Death Toll Rises To 32 In Katsina Mosque Attack as Government Vows Justice
0
SHARES
11
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInShare on WhatsAppShare on TelegramSend to Email

 The death toll from Tuesday’s terror attack on worshippers in Unguwan Mantau community, Malumfashi Local Government Area of Katsina State, has climbed to 32, officials confirmed on Wednesday.

The assailants, identified as bandits, stormed the community mosque around 5 a.m. while residents were observing Fajr prayers, shooting indiscriminately at worshippers in what authorities described as a reprisal assault.

Related posts

Why I’d Choose Tinubu Over Obi – Adeyanju

Why I’d Choose Tinubu Over Obi – Adeyanju

August 29, 2025
Marafa’s Supporters Decamp From APC, Blame Neglect Of Zamfara

Marafa’s Supporters Decamp From APC, Blame Neglect Of Zamfara

August 29, 2025

Initial reports had placed the fatalities at 13. However, a state government delegation, during a condolence visit to the area, disclosed that 32 people were killed while several others were abducted. Some kidnapped victims were later rescued following a swift airstrike by the Nigerian Air Force, which disrupted the attackers’ movement. Others escaped in the chaos and are receiving treatment in nearby hospitals.

Governor Dikko Umar Radda, who is currently on medical leave, directed the acting governor, Mallam Faruk Jobe, to send a delegation to commiserate with the families of the deceased.

The team, led by Secretary to the State Government, Abdullahi Faskari, met with traditional leaders and grieving relatives in Karfi town.

Describing the killings as “deeply painful and heartbreaking,” Faskari assured residents that the government would strengthen security operations and pursue the perpetrators.

“Our hearts are with the families who lost their loved ones in this senseless attack. This administration remains committed to working with all security agencies to prevent such tragedies in the future,” he said.

Commissioner for Internal Security and Home Affairs, Dr. Nasir Mu’azu, explained that the killings were linked to a confrontation days earlier in Ruwan Sanyi, where residents ambushed bandits, rescued kidnapped victims, and seized weapons and motorcycles.

“The reprisal occurred while the community was observing morning prayers. The criminals started shooting sporadically inside the mosque,” Mu’azu said.

He added that military and police reinforcements had been deployed, with both aerial and ground operations underway to track down the attackers. Mu’azu also commended the courage of residents who resisted the bandits, describing their actions as gallant.

The condolence delegation included senior aides on community watch and victims of banditry, the Malumfashi lawmaker in the state House of Assembly, the council chairman, and heads of security agencies — among them the Police Commissioner, the Commander of the 17 Brigade of the Nigerian Army, the DSS Director, and the NSCDC Commandant.

The state government reaffirmed its commitment to restoring peace and protecting lives across Katsina, noting that immediate support had been extended to victims’ families while a comprehensive damage assessment was ongoing.

The Reflector Newspaper's newsletters cover a variety of topics, from daily news to lifestyle content, markets info to medical news. Subscribe to get the latest information.

Unsubscribe
Previous Post

Soludo Sacks Eight Anambra Vigilante Operatives Over Assault on Corps Member

Next Post

PDP Convention Faces Uncertainty as Wike Threatens Showdown Over Party Crisis

Next Post
PDP Convention Faces Uncertainty as Wike Threatens Showdown Over Party Crisis

PDP Convention Faces Uncertainty as Wike Threatens Showdown Over Party Crisis

RECOMMENDED NEWS

Tinubu’s Lead Counsel To Speak At Renewed Hope Global Town Hall On Rivers Crisis, LG Autonomy

Tinubu’s Lead Counsel To Speak At Renewed Hope Global Town Hall On Rivers Crisis, LG Autonomy

2 months ago
ADC State Chairmen Rejects David Mark, Atiku, Other Coalition Chiefs

VIDEO: ADC Accuses Tinubu’s Govt Of Plot To Destabilize Party

3 weeks ago
Police Must Charge Protesters In Custody To Court Or Face Legal Repercussions, Falana Insists

Falana Demands Probe Into Alleged Diversion Of $3.4bn IMF Loan

4 months ago
2027: Is Ihedioha Politically Strandard? By Chidiebube Okeoma

2027: Is Ihedioha Politically Strandard? By Chidiebube Okeoma

4 months ago

FOLLOW US

BROWSE BY CATEGORIES

  • Business
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Style
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Health
  • Interview
  • Love & Relationships
  • News
  • Opinions
  • Politics
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Uncategorized

BROWSE BY TOPICS

#EndBadGovernance protest 2027 Elections ADC Ademola Adeleke Akpabio Alaafin Of Oyo APC Atiku Bola Tinubu Buhari By-Elections CBEX Coalition Dangote Refinery Defection Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) Economic Hardship EFCC Emergency Rule Federal Government of Nigeria Fubara Fuel Price Fuel Price Hike Gunmen INEC JAMB Natasha Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL) Nnamdi Kanu NNPC NNPCL NYSC Olubadan PDP Peter Obi President Ahmed Bola Tinubu Rivers Administrator Rivers Assembly Rivers Crisis Senate Tinubu UTME VeryDarkMan WAEC Wike

POPULAR NEWS

  • Congo’s President Daughter’s Bedroom Surfaces Online

    Congo’s President Daughter’s Bedroom Surfaces Online

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Economy Bleeds As Naira Hits Record Low With N72.58 Depreiciation Against Dollar

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Old Naira Notes Remain Valid – CBN

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Gospel Actress, Flora Of Abattoir Movie Series Is Dead

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • JUST IN: FCT Minister Wike Leads Eid-El-Fitr Homage To President Tinubu Amid Death Rumors

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
The Reflector Newspaper

Our mission at The Reflector Newspaper is to cultivate a dynamic digital space where truth, integrity, and diversity thrive.

Follow us on social media:

Recent News

  • Why I’d Choose Tinubu Over Obi – Adeyanju
  • Marafa’s Supporters Decamp From APC, Blame Neglect Of Zamfara
  • Obi Faults FG Over Hike In International Passport Fees
  • NLC Demands N150,000 Minimum Wage For Lagos Workers

Category

  • Business
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Style
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Health
  • Interview
  • Love & Relationships
  • News
  • Opinions
  • Politics
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Uncategorized

Recent News

Why I’d Choose Tinubu Over Obi – Adeyanju

Why I’d Choose Tinubu Over Obi – Adeyanju

August 29, 2025
Marafa’s Supporters Decamp From APC, Blame Neglect Of Zamfara

Marafa’s Supporters Decamp From APC, Blame Neglect Of Zamfara

August 29, 2025
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact

Copyright © 2024 The Reflector Newspaper. Website designed by Mavens Designs.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
  • Login
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Business
  • Opinions
  • Sport
  • Crime
  • Others
    • Education
    • Economy
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion & Style
    • Health
    • Interview
    • Love & Relationships
    • Technology

Copyright © 2024 The Reflector Newspaper. Website designed by Mavens Designs.

Verified by MonsterInsights