Operatives Behind Assault On Corps Member Arrested – Anambra – The Reflector Newspaper
Friday, August 29, 2025
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
The Reflector Newspaper
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Business
  • Opinions
  • Sport
  • Crime
  • Others
    • Education
    • Economy
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion & Style
    • Health
    • Interview
    • Love & Relationships
    • Technology
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
The Reflector Newspaper
Home Featured

Operatives Behind Assault On Corps Member Arrested – Anambra

Racheal Oloyede by Racheal Oloyede
August 19, 2025
in Featured, News
0
Operatives Behind Assault On Corps Member Arrested – Anambra
0
SHARES
22
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInShare on WhatsAppShare on TelegramSend to Email

The Anambra State Government has condemned the assault on a National Youth Service Corps member, Jennifer Elobor, by members of the state security outfit.

This is just as it said those responsible have been identified, arrested and detained.

Related posts

Obi Faults FG Over Hike In International Passport Fees

Obi Faults FG Over Hike In International Passport Fees

August 29, 2025
BREAKING: New Minimum Wage Payment Begins From July 29 – FG

NLC Demands N150,000 Minimum Wage For Lagos Workers

August 29, 2025

PUNCH Online reports in a video that went viral on Tuesday, the operatives armed with guns stormed the corps members’ lodge, accused them of being internet fraudsters despite showing their identification cards and uniforms.

The operatives were seen beating the female corps member despite her cries for help.

In the process, her clothes were torn, leaving her exposed.

Despite this, the operatives in number continued to beat the female corps member.

In the video, the corps member was seen begging the security operatives to stop as they continued to hit her.

The attack has, however, triggered outrage on social media, with many Nigerians condemning the actions of the vigilante group and demanding justice for the victim.

Appearing on Channels Television’s The Morning Brief on Tuesday, Special Adviser to Governor Chukwuma Soludo on Community Security, Ken Emeakayi, described the incident as unfortunate and unacceptable.

He confirmed that the operatives involved in the assault had been arrested and are currently under investigation.

According to Emeakayi, the incident occurred during a joint security operation when operatives of Agbunechemba, the state security outfit established under the Anambra State Homeland Security Law 2025, pursued suspected cultists into a residential compound.

He explained that the operation was part of Operation Udo Gatchi, a code name for joint task force operations involving the police, army, Department of State Services, civil defence, and the state’s security outfit.

“The operatives were on the trail of some suspected cultists riding on motorcycles when they pursued them into a compound.

“In the process of searching the houses in line with their mandate, the unfortunate incident involving the corps member occurred.

“While they were acting within the law, their conduct in that instance was unacceptable,” he said.

He stated that the government wasted no time in addressing the matter once it was reported.

“Immediately the incident happened, we arrested the operatives involved and placed them in detention.

“Our practice is to first carry out preliminary investigations, bring in the victims and complainants, and then determine whether the matter warrants internal disciplinary action or prosecution,” he stated.

Emeakayi disclosed that the assaulted corps member was invited to his office alongside NYSC officials, where he personally listened to their account of the incident.

“Our conclusion is that while the operatives were on a legitimate assignment, the manner in which they acted was not acceptable.

“We have made that very clear, and disciplinary measures are being taken,” he added.

Emeakayi also clarified the distinction between Operation Udo Gatchi and Agbunechemba, noting that the former is a joint security operation involving multiple agencies, while the latter is the state’s statutory security outfit created by law.

He assured residents of Anambra that Governor Charles Soludo’s administration will not condone any abuse of power by security agents, particularly against innocent citizens.

 

The Reflector Newspaper's newsletters cover a variety of topics, from daily news to lifestyle content, markets info to medical news. Subscribe to get the latest information.

Unsubscribe
Previous Post

2027: Nigeria Needs Jonathan More Than Ever – Former Presidential Aspirant

Next Post

APGA Collapses Into ADC In Abia

Next Post
ADC State Chairmen Rejects David Mark, Atiku, Other Coalition Chiefs

APGA Collapses Into ADC In Abia

RECOMMENDED NEWS

DSS Detains NANS President, Atiku Isah In Abuja Hospital

DSS Detains NANS President, Atiku Isah In Abuja Hospital

4 months ago
Retired Naval Officer, Remanded Over Alleged ₦211m Fraud In Ibadan

Retired Naval Officer, Remanded Over Alleged ₦211m Fraud In Ibadan

1 month ago
Tinubu To Swear-In Justice Ariwoola’s Successor Friday

Tinubu Begins Cost Reduction In Government, Cuts Down Ministers Convoy

10 months ago
Video: Shock As Ghanaian Manhood Vanishes

Video: Shock As Ghanaian Manhood Vanishes

7 months ago

FOLLOW US

BROWSE BY CATEGORIES

  • Business
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Style
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Health
  • Interview
  • Love & Relationships
  • News
  • Opinions
  • Politics
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Uncategorized

BROWSE BY TOPICS

#EndBadGovernance protest 2027 Elections ADC Ademola Adeleke Akpabio Alaafin Of Oyo APC Atiku Bola Tinubu Buhari By-Elections CBEX Coalition Dangote Refinery Defection Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) Economic Hardship EFCC Emergency Rule Federal Government of Nigeria Fubara Fuel Price Fuel Price Hike Gunmen INEC JAMB Natasha Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL) Nnamdi Kanu NNPC NNPCL NYSC Olubadan PDP Peter Obi President Ahmed Bola Tinubu Rivers Administrator Rivers Assembly Rivers Crisis Senate Tinubu UTME VeryDarkMan WAEC Wike

POPULAR NEWS

  • Congo’s President Daughter’s Bedroom Surfaces Online

    Congo’s President Daughter’s Bedroom Surfaces Online

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Economy Bleeds As Naira Hits Record Low With N72.58 Depreiciation Against Dollar

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Old Naira Notes Remain Valid – CBN

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Gospel Actress, Flora Of Abattoir Movie Series Is Dead

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • JUST IN: FCT Minister Wike Leads Eid-El-Fitr Homage To President Tinubu Amid Death Rumors

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
The Reflector Newspaper

Our mission at The Reflector Newspaper is to cultivate a dynamic digital space where truth, integrity, and diversity thrive.

Follow us on social media:

Recent News

  • Obi Faults FG Over Hike In International Passport Fees
  • NLC Demands N150,000 Minimum Wage For Lagos Workers
  • PDP Considering Jonathan, Obi For 2027 Presidential Ticket – Bala Mohammed
  • NNPC Was Losing N500m Monthly At PH Refinery When I Took Over – Ojulari

Category

  • Business
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Style
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Health
  • Interview
  • Love & Relationships
  • News
  • Opinions
  • Politics
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Uncategorized

Recent News

Obi Faults FG Over Hike In International Passport Fees

Obi Faults FG Over Hike In International Passport Fees

August 29, 2025
BREAKING: New Minimum Wage Payment Begins From July 29 – FG

NLC Demands N150,000 Minimum Wage For Lagos Workers

August 29, 2025
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact

Copyright © 2024 The Reflector Newspaper. Website designed by Mavens Designs.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
  • Login
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Business
  • Opinions
  • Sport
  • Crime
  • Others
    • Education
    • Economy
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion & Style
    • Health
    • Interview
    • Love & Relationships
    • Technology

Copyright © 2024 The Reflector Newspaper. Website designed by Mavens Designs.

Verified by MonsterInsights