I Wasn’t Prepared, Oba Olakulehin’s Passage Unsettled Me – Ladoja – The Reflector Newspaper
Saturday, August 30, 2025
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
The Reflector Newspaper
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Business
  • Opinions
  • Sport
  • Crime
  • Others
    • Education
    • Economy
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion & Style
    • Health
    • Interview
    • Love & Relationships
    • Technology
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
The Reflector Newspaper
Home Featured

I Wasn’t Prepared, Oba Olakulehin’s Passage Unsettled Me – Ladoja

Ifeanyi Uzoechiena by Ifeanyi Uzoechiena
August 19, 2025
in Featured, News
0
I Wasn’t Prepared, Oba Olakulehin’s Passage Unsettled Me – Ladoja
0
SHARES
3
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInShare on WhatsAppShare on TelegramSend to Email

The Olubadan-elect, Oba Rashidi Ladoja, has said he was not prepared to ascend the throne, following the passing of Olubadan of Ibadan, Oba Owolabi Olakulehin.

Speaking yesterday at his Ondo Street, Bodija, Ibadan home, where he was received by hundreds of family members, Baales, associates and well-wishers, Ladoja said the news of Olakulehin’s death came as a shock to him.

Related posts

JUST IN: ‘Turn Yourselves In’, Oyo Govt Orders Funfair Organizers

APC Spreading Falsehoods, Makinde Debunks N300bn Loan Allegation

August 30, 2025
Extend Seven-Year Moratorium To Private Varsities, Others – ASUU Tells FG

Extend Seven-Year Moratorium To Private Varsities, Others – ASUU Tells FG

August 30, 2025

The Olubadan-elect, who had earlier visited his Isale-Osi family compound upon his return from Lagos, arrived at his Bodija home to the waiting hands of guests, friends and his cult-like followers and admirers.

Noting that he was shocked at the news, Ladoja said he had thought Oba Olakulehin would be on the throne for at least five to 10 years, ‘’but no one can alter destiny.’’

He said although the road to the throne was bumpy and rough, he remained grateful to God for sparing his life.

The Olubadan-elect was also full of appreciation to the members of the Olubadan-in-Council for electing him to ascend the stool, saying if they had not agreed and selected him, there was nothing he could have done about it.

Ladoja said: “I greet all of us here, good afternoon. I want to firstly condole with us on the death of Oba Owolabi Olakulehin, may God rest his soul.

“When I heard of Kabiyesi’s (Oba Olakulehin’s) death, it was so painful to me because I told myself that I wasn’t ready. I thought he would reign for maybe five to 10 years, but the deed has been done.

“October 1, 1993 was when we started this journey and the particular house and compound where we started was where we went earlier today to offer prayers.

“When I got there, I still remember many of those who we were there together with on October 1, 1993 because I remember that the late Chief M.K.O. Abiola was there, he was President-elect at the time, Baba Adedibu was there, my father and mother were both there too, may their souls rest in peace.

“Governor Ishola, Dr Raheem, Jimoh Aliu, Adebayo Akala, Orisabunmi and my very close friend whom we were installed on the same day was also there, Adebimpe. He has also gone to the great beyond. Many of my friends, actors and actresses were there on that day.

“Then, I asked God why he spared my life. This means the task that God gave me has not been completed. And I know that God will give us power, wisdom, strength and knowledge that we will use to complete the task. I’m grateful to God for sparing my life.

“There is a saying that, it is only God who selects Oba for Ibadan. Wisdom can’t select, money can’t do it. It is only the person who God allows to wait until his time that will become the king and I thank God for counting me worthy to become the Olubadan of Ibadanland.

“There are many coincidences, because I was born in 1944 and I am the 44th Olubadan, so I am thankful. I am also thankful to the high chiefs who approved that I should be the next Olubadan, because, if they didn’t agree and approved it, there is nothing I can do about it.

“But, all the 10 of them who were there at the meeting agreed that I should be the Olubadan. I am grateful to them and I want to assure them that our collaboration will not falter because all of us, God has assigned for different tasks.”

He said with his return to the ancient city, he would begin talks with stakeholders, including traditionalists, the governor and others on the processes for the enthronement.

“By the grace of God, they will give us the day we will be enthroned. Now that I have returned, myself and all those who we should be talking, we will talk, as in the traditionalists, including Araba, Oluwo, the governor and all those we are ruling together, we will talk so that we will know how to go about it.

“May this reign be comfortable and beneficial to us all. May there be money, wealth and peace in the town and for everyone.

“I thank all journalists, the journey to the throne is not smooth. It was rough with hills, bumps and other challenges, yet God took us to the promised land. We are thankful to God for this too,” he added.

The former governor called on the people to always support his reign with prayers, noting that achieving success could not be without the support from God.

“I want to appeal to everyone to support us with prayers because there is no one who knows how to do it, it is only God that is perfect and does all things well. Let God lead us on the right path so that we can do it well.

“The government of the day, may God lead them aright. At the federal, state and local levels, may God lead them all because when there is peace, this is when we will all have rest of mind. So I take this opportunity to remind us all that in all we will do, it is when there is peace, this is when there will be progress for the society.”

Earlier, the former governor had visited his family house at Isale-Osi in Ibadan Southwest Local Government where he was received by family members and friends.

He arrived in Ibadan at about 1:20pm to the waiting hands of his supporters at the Ibadan end of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, and led a long convoy of vehicles to the Isale-Osi family house.

His family members had organised special prayers both in Muslim and Christian ways, in appreciation of the journey of his ascendancy to the throne, which started in 1993.

With the development, it is expected that the installation process is set to begin after the nomination of Ladoja is assented to by Governor Seyi Makinde.

At press time, it could not be confirmed if the nomination letter earlier written by the Olubadan-in-Council, nominating Ladoja, had been delivered to the governor through the Ministry of Local Government and Chieftaincy Matters.

 

The Nation

Tags: LadojaOlubadan

The Reflector Newspaper's newsletters cover a variety of topics, from daily news to lifestyle content, markets info to medical news. Subscribe to get the latest information.

Unsubscribe
Previous Post

Tinubu Commissions NNPCL/Sahara JV’s 40,000 CBM LPG Vessel In South Korea

Next Post

Son Of Late PDP Leader Tony Anenih Resigns From Party

Next Post
Son Of Late PDP Leader Tony Anenih Resigns From Party

Son Of Late PDP Leader Tony Anenih Resigns From Party

RECOMMENDED NEWS

2025 Budget Projections Unattainable – Analyst, Abia Representative

2025 Budget Projections Unattainable – Analyst, Abia Representative

8 months ago
PHOTOS: Police Uncover Bomb On Borno Farm

PHOTOS: Police Uncover Bomb On Borno Farm

2 weeks ago
Desist From Using Unauthorized Kits, EFCC Warns Skit Makers, Others

EFCC Arrests Bank MD, Two Nuns Over Alleged Loan Fraud

1 week ago
Alleged N27bn Fraud: Ex-Taraba Gov, Ishaku Denies Charge, Remanded In Court

Alleged N27bn Fraud: Ex-Taraba Gov, Ishaku Denies Charge, Remanded In Court

11 months ago

FOLLOW US

BROWSE BY CATEGORIES

  • Business
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Style
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Health
  • Interview
  • Love & Relationships
  • News
  • Opinions
  • Politics
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Uncategorized

BROWSE BY TOPICS

#EndBadGovernance protest 2027 Elections ADC Ademola Adeleke Akpabio Alaafin Of Oyo APC Atiku Bola Tinubu Buhari By-Elections CBEX Coalition Dangote Refinery Defection Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) Economic Hardship EFCC Emergency Rule Federal Government of Nigeria Fubara Fuel Price Fuel Price Hike Gunmen INEC JAMB Natasha Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL) Nnamdi Kanu NNPC NNPCL NYSC Olubadan PDP Peter Obi President Ahmed Bola Tinubu Rivers Administrator Rivers Assembly Rivers Crisis Senate Tinubu UTME VeryDarkMan WAEC Wike

POPULAR NEWS

  • Congo’s President Daughter’s Bedroom Surfaces Online

    Congo’s President Daughter’s Bedroom Surfaces Online

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Economy Bleeds As Naira Hits Record Low With N72.58 Depreiciation Against Dollar

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Old Naira Notes Remain Valid – CBN

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Gospel Actress, Flora Of Abattoir Movie Series Is Dead

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • JUST IN: FCT Minister Wike Leads Eid-El-Fitr Homage To President Tinubu Amid Death Rumors

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
The Reflector Newspaper

Our mission at The Reflector Newspaper is to cultivate a dynamic digital space where truth, integrity, and diversity thrive.

Follow us on social media:

Recent News

  • APC Spreading Falsehoods, Makinde Debunks N300bn Loan Allegation
  • Extend Seven-Year Moratorium To Private Varsities, Others – ASUU Tells FG
  • ADC Woos Jonathan For 2027 Race
  • NEITI Backs Ojulari To Deliver Oil Sector Reforms

Category

  • Business
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Style
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Health
  • Interview
  • Love & Relationships
  • News
  • Opinions
  • Politics
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Uncategorized

Recent News

JUST IN: ‘Turn Yourselves In’, Oyo Govt Orders Funfair Organizers

APC Spreading Falsehoods, Makinde Debunks N300bn Loan Allegation

August 30, 2025
Extend Seven-Year Moratorium To Private Varsities, Others – ASUU Tells FG

Extend Seven-Year Moratorium To Private Varsities, Others – ASUU Tells FG

August 30, 2025
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact

Copyright © 2024 The Reflector Newspaper. Website designed by Mavens Designs.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
  • Login
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Business
  • Opinions
  • Sport
  • Crime
  • Others
    • Education
    • Economy
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion & Style
    • Health
    • Interview
    • Love & Relationships
    • Technology

Copyright © 2024 The Reflector Newspaper. Website designed by Mavens Designs.

Verified by MonsterInsights