Court Orders Full Disclosure Of National Assembly’s N37bn Renovation – The Reflector Newspaper
Saturday, August 30, 2025
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
The Reflector Newspaper
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Business
  • Opinions
  • Sport
  • Crime
  • Others
    • Education
    • Economy
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion & Style
    • Health
    • Interview
    • Love & Relationships
    • Technology
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
The Reflector Newspaper
Home Featured

Court Orders Full Disclosure Of National Assembly’s N37bn Renovation

Ifeanyi Uzoechiena by Ifeanyi Uzoechiena
August 18, 2025
in Featured, News
0
NASS Assure Youths Of More Opportunities, Tackling Brain Drain
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInShare on WhatsAppShare on TelegramSend to Email

The Federal High Court in Abuja has ordered the National Assembly to release documents relating to the N37bn renovation of the National Assembly complex.

In a judgment delivered in Suit No. FHC/ABJ/CS/51/2022, Justice Emeka Nwite granted the application of the Human and Environmental Development Agenda (HEDA Resource Centre), which filed the case through its lawyer, Seidu Mohammed.

Related posts

2027: Why Jonathan Should Not Contest — Shehu Sani

Jonathan Consulting, Not Out Of 2027 Race — Brother

August 30, 2025
Tinubu-Shettima Campaign Coordinator In Zamfara Resigns

Tinubu-Shettima Campaign Coordinator In Zamfara Resigns

August 30, 2025

The court directed the National Assembly to provide HEDA with the proposal, assessment, and procedure used to arrive at the initial N37bn estimate, the actual amount approved and allocated, and the amount so far disbursed for the renovation.

Justice Nwite held that the information sought was within the scope of the Freedom of Information Act and that the legislature had no valid reason to deny access.

“The information is simple and harmless. Where an institution like the respondent denies or is deemed to have denied an applicant the instant information sought, it will not only defeat the very purpose of the Act but encourage corruption and financial recklessness,” the judge said.

Reacting to the ruling, on Sunday, HEDA Chairman, Olanrewaju Suraju, said the decision affirmed the right of citizens to demand accountability on public projects.

“This judgment sets a precedent for public access to information on government projects. We expect the National Assembly to comply fully with the court’s order and provide the required information,” Suraju said.

He urged the National Assembly to comply with the order.

HEDA called on all stakeholders, including the media, civil society organisations, etc, to join in demanding accountability from public institutions and to support the fight against corruption and financial recklessness.

 

The Punch

Tags: NASS

The Reflector Newspaper's newsletters cover a variety of topics, from daily news to lifestyle content, markets info to medical news. Subscribe to get the latest information.

Unsubscribe
Previous Post

FG Bows To NLC Pressure, Appoints Chairman For PenCom

Next Post

APC National Chairman Loses Mother

Next Post
APC National Chairman Loses Mother

APC National Chairman Loses Mother

RECOMMENDED NEWS

From Governor Seyi Makinde (GSM) to President Seyi Makinde(PSM): 2027 Perspective

Ex-PDP Chair Backs Gov Makinde For 2027 Presidency

3 months ago
Supreme Court To Rule On 7 Major Cases In One Day, Including Kano, Plateau, Lagos

Sacked Plateau PDP Lawmakers, Seek Reinstatement Through Court Action

2 years ago
Management Of FIRS Announces Fresh Recruitment Opportunity

Management Of FIRS Announces Fresh Recruitment Opportunity

10 months ago
FULL TEXT: Tinubu’s Tribute At Special FEC Session For Buhari

FULL TEXT: Tinubu’s Tribute At Special FEC Session For Buhari

1 month ago

FOLLOW US

BROWSE BY CATEGORIES

  • Business
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Style
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Health
  • Interview
  • Love & Relationships
  • News
  • Opinions
  • Politics
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Uncategorized

BROWSE BY TOPICS

#EndBadGovernance protest 2027 Elections ADC Ademola Adeleke Akpabio Alaafin Of Oyo APC Atiku Bola Tinubu Buhari By-Elections CBEX Coalition Dangote Refinery Defection Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) Economic Hardship EFCC Emergency Rule Federal Government of Nigeria Fubara Fuel Price Fuel Price Hike Goodluck Jonathan Gunmen INEC JAMB Natasha Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL) Nnamdi Kanu NNPC NNPCL Olubadan PDP Peter Obi President Ahmed Bola Tinubu Rivers Administrator Rivers Assembly Rivers Crisis Senate Tinubu UTME VeryDarkMan WAEC Wike

POPULAR NEWS

  • Congo’s President Daughter’s Bedroom Surfaces Online

    Congo’s President Daughter’s Bedroom Surfaces Online

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Economy Bleeds As Naira Hits Record Low With N72.58 Depreiciation Against Dollar

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Old Naira Notes Remain Valid – CBN

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Gospel Actress, Flora Of Abattoir Movie Series Is Dead

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • JUST IN: FCT Minister Wike Leads Eid-El-Fitr Homage To President Tinubu Amid Death Rumors

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
The Reflector Newspaper

Our mission at The Reflector Newspaper is to cultivate a dynamic digital space where truth, integrity, and diversity thrive.

Follow us on social media:

Recent News

  • Jonathan Consulting, Not Out Of 2027 Race — Brother
  • Tinubu-Shettima Campaign Coordinator In Zamfara Resigns
  • Abusive Marriage: Lagos Records 8,692 Domestic Violence Cases
  • Varsity Profs Demand N2.5m Salary

Category

  • Business
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Style
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Health
  • Interview
  • Love & Relationships
  • News
  • Opinions
  • Politics
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Uncategorized

Recent News

2027: Why Jonathan Should Not Contest — Shehu Sani

Jonathan Consulting, Not Out Of 2027 Race — Brother

August 30, 2025
Tinubu-Shettima Campaign Coordinator In Zamfara Resigns

Tinubu-Shettima Campaign Coordinator In Zamfara Resigns

August 30, 2025
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact

Copyright © 2024 The Reflector Newspaper. Website designed by Mavens Designs.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
  • Login
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Business
  • Opinions
  • Sport
  • Crime
  • Others
    • Education
    • Economy
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion & Style
    • Health
    • Interview
    • Love & Relationships
    • Technology

Copyright © 2024 The Reflector Newspaper. Website designed by Mavens Designs.

Verified by MonsterInsights