Presidency Dismiss Tinubu’s Illness Rumour – The Reflector Newspaper
Friday, August 29, 2025
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
The Reflector Newspaper
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Business
  • Opinions
  • Sport
  • Crime
  • Others
    • Education
    • Economy
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion & Style
    • Health
    • Interview
    • Love & Relationships
    • Technology
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
The Reflector Newspaper
Home Featured

Presidency Dismiss Tinubu’s Illness Rumour

Ifeanyi Uzoechiena by Ifeanyi Uzoechiena
August 11, 2025
in Featured, News
0
Tinubu Approves Fresh Appointment
0
SHARES
25
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInShare on WhatsAppShare on TelegramSend to Email

The Presidency yesterday dispelled the rumour of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s illness.

The International Centre for Investigative Reporting (ICIR) had quoted sources as saying that preparations were underway by the president’s medical team to potentially fly him abroad for urgent medical attention.

Related posts

PDP Considering Jonathan, Obi For 2027 Presidential Ticket – Bala Mohammed

PDP Considering Jonathan, Obi For 2027 Presidential Ticket – Bala Mohammed

August 29, 2025
We’re Under Attack – NNPC Boss

NNPC Was Losing N500m Monthly At PH Refinery When I Took Over – Ojulari

August 29, 2025

According to information gathered by The ICIR, the President had reportedly been bedridden for several days, resulting in his absence from key state functions. In his stead, Vice President Kashim Shettima has represented the Presidency at some official engagements.

The medium also quoted an Aso Rock insider as saying that several of Tinubu’s scheduled activities had been cancelled since the beginning of the week.

According to the ICIR, it is also believed that the remainder of his weekly agenda has been cleared to allow his medical team to monitor his condition closely.

The Special Adviser to the President on Information and Strategy, Bayo Onanuga, had told The ICIR that “people just tell you all kinds of rumours that have no basis at all.”

He insisted that the president was working. “He was in his office yesterday (August 5). I was with him. I went to see him. He came to work.”

When contacted, Onanuga dismissed the rumour of the president’s illness.

On why the president did not attend any public function since last week, Onanuga replied that the president could choose to work from home.

“There is nothing wrong with the president, he is okay. He can choose to work from home. He can choose to work from anywhere. I tell you nothing is wrong with the president,” the presidential spokesman told Daily Trust.

According to the ICIR, Tinubu was last seen publicly on Friday, August 1, where he attended the opening of the Progressive Media Summit, themed ‘Unveiling the Critical Role of New Media in National Development.’

He appeared healthy during the event where he encouraged young Nigerians in the digital media space to leverage their platforms for national progress.

Days earlier, on July 29, the president led the reception for the Super Falcons upon their return to Nigeria after a remarkable victory at the WAFCON Championship in Morocco. The president stood for an extended period, personally congratulating the team before announcing generous rewards for both players and their coaches. The rewards stirred public debate and criticism from some quarters.

His absence at a similar reception for the victorious D’Tigress team on August 3 raised questions, especially as Vice President Shettima stood in for him at the event.

According to the ICIR, despite the president’s absence, the presidency has continued issuing official statements. One such release on August 6 announced Tinubu’s directive for the rollout of free healthcare for low-income retirees and an increase in pensions. The release included a photograph of the President with the Director General of the National Pension Commission (PenCom), Omolola Oloworaran, though it did not specify when the meeting occurred.

The ICIR investigation revealed that the meeting had taken place days earlier before it was sent out as a press release at the President’s private residence, not his office. Onanuga later confirmed this.

On the same day, another press release conveyed Tinubu’s condolences to Ghana following a tragic air crash that claimed the lives of the Defence Minister Edward Omane Boamah, Environment Minister Ibrahim Murtala Muhammed, and several others.

The ICIR investigation also revealed that the weekly Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting failed to hold last week.

The Minister of Information and National Orientation, Mohammed Idris, had told reporters last Thursday that the next FEC meeting would hold on August 6.

The ICIR gathered that the ministers and members of council had been reached to inform them of the postponement as none of them came around the villa around the usual hours of the meeting.

Onanuga had clarified that no FEC was scheduled for Monday, while Wednesday’s session was postponed by the President.

“Yes, he postponed it. It’s not an issue,” he said.

He explained that, “There is no certain time for FEC. The FEC meeting can be held on Monday, it can be held on Wednesday. It can be held on a Thursday.”

The ICIR investigations revealed that several high-level meetings were quietly shelved. Among them was a scheduled engagement with close associates of former President Muhammadu Buhari within the All Progressives Congress (APC), originally set for the afternoon of Tuesday, August 5. The meeting was abruptly cancelled.

When asked why Tinubu skipped the D’Tigress event, Onanuga had told the ICIR: “Why must he be at all functions? Is it compulsory he must be at all functions? He has a deputy. He can delegate.”

On his lack of public appearances, he said: “I said he was in the office yesterday (August 5). I was with him. Do you want him to be doing public parade or something?”

 

Daily Trust

Tags: Tinubu

The Reflector Newspaper's newsletters cover a variety of topics, from daily news to lifestyle content, markets info to medical news. Subscribe to get the latest information.

Unsubscribe
Previous Post

U.S. Condemn Christians Killing In Nigeria, Vows Decisive Action

Next Post

VIDEO: ADC Accuses Tinubu’s Govt Of Plot To Destabilize Party

Next Post
ADC State Chairmen Rejects David Mark, Atiku, Other Coalition Chiefs

VIDEO: ADC Accuses Tinubu’s Govt Of Plot To Destabilize Party

RECOMMENDED NEWS

UI Students Protest Fee Hike

UI Students Protest Fee Hike

1 year ago
Fuel Queues Will Disappear Tomorrow – NNPCL

Nigeria Can’t Remove Fuel Subsidy Yet, Economist Warn

11 months ago
Tinubu Appoints New Head Of Service

Tinubu Appoints New Head Of Service

1 year ago
Opposition Candidates Demand Cancellation Of Imo LG Polls

Opposition Candidates Demand Cancellation Of Imo LG Polls

11 months ago

FOLLOW US

BROWSE BY CATEGORIES

  • Business
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Style
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Health
  • Interview
  • Love & Relationships
  • News
  • Opinions
  • Politics
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Uncategorized

BROWSE BY TOPICS

#EndBadGovernance protest 2027 Elections ADC Ademola Adeleke Akpabio Alaafin Of Oyo APC Atiku Bola Tinubu Buhari By-Elections CBEX Coalition Dangote Refinery Defection Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) Economic Hardship EFCC Emergency Rule Federal Government of Nigeria Fubara Fuel Price Fuel Price Hike Gunmen INEC JAMB Natasha Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL) Nnamdi Kanu NNPC NNPCL NYSC Olubadan PDP Peter Obi President Ahmed Bola Tinubu Rivers Administrator Rivers Assembly Rivers Crisis Senate Tinubu UTME VeryDarkMan WAEC Wike

POPULAR NEWS

  • Congo’s President Daughter’s Bedroom Surfaces Online

    Congo’s President Daughter’s Bedroom Surfaces Online

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Economy Bleeds As Naira Hits Record Low With N72.58 Depreiciation Against Dollar

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Old Naira Notes Remain Valid – CBN

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Gospel Actress, Flora Of Abattoir Movie Series Is Dead

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • JUST IN: FCT Minister Wike Leads Eid-El-Fitr Homage To President Tinubu Amid Death Rumors

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
The Reflector Newspaper

Our mission at The Reflector Newspaper is to cultivate a dynamic digital space where truth, integrity, and diversity thrive.

Follow us on social media:

Recent News

  • PDP Considering Jonathan, Obi For 2027 Presidential Ticket – Bala Mohammed
  • NNPC Was Losing N500m Monthly At PH Refinery When I Took Over – Ojulari
  • Tinubu Speaks On Reasons For Foreign Trips
  • 2027: Kwankwaso Speaks On Leaving NNPP

Category

  • Business
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Style
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Health
  • Interview
  • Love & Relationships
  • News
  • Opinions
  • Politics
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Uncategorized

Recent News

PDP Considering Jonathan, Obi For 2027 Presidential Ticket – Bala Mohammed

PDP Considering Jonathan, Obi For 2027 Presidential Ticket – Bala Mohammed

August 29, 2025
We’re Under Attack – NNPC Boss

NNPC Was Losing N500m Monthly At PH Refinery When I Took Over – Ojulari

August 29, 2025
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact

Copyright © 2024 The Reflector Newspaper. Website designed by Mavens Designs.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
  • Login
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Business
  • Opinions
  • Sport
  • Crime
  • Others
    • Education
    • Economy
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion & Style
    • Health
    • Interview
    • Love & Relationships
    • Technology

Copyright © 2024 The Reflector Newspaper. Website designed by Mavens Designs.

Verified by MonsterInsights