Striking Nurses To Consider FG’s Offer Today – The Reflector Newspaper
Friday, August 29, 2025
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
The Reflector Newspaper
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Business
  • Opinions
  • Sport
  • Crime
  • Others
    • Education
    • Economy
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion & Style
    • Health
    • Interview
    • Love & Relationships
    • Technology
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
The Reflector Newspaper
Home Featured

Striking Nurses To Consider FG’s Offer Today

Ifeanyi Uzoechiena by Ifeanyi Uzoechiena
August 2, 2025
in Featured, Health
0
Nurses, Midwives Deny Strike Suspension
0
SHARES
2
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInShare on WhatsAppShare on TelegramSend to Email

The National Association of Nigerian Nurses and Midwives – Federal Health Institutions (NANNM-FHI) Sector has said it will meet on Saturday (today), to consider the promises made by the Federal Government at a meeting yesterday.

The union denied reports that it had suspended its ongoing nationwide seven-day warning strike.

Related posts

Obi Faults FG Over Hike In International Passport Fees

Obi Faults FG Over Hike In International Passport Fees

August 29, 2025
BREAKING: New Minimum Wage Payment Begins From July 29 – FG

NLC Demands N150,000 Minimum Wage For Lagos Workers

August 29, 2025

Speaking with Saturday PUNCH on Friday, the National Public Relations Officer of NANNM-FHI, Omomo Tibiebi, clarified that the strike, which began on Wednesday, remained in effect despite a meeting with the minister earlier in the day.

The nurses embarked on the strike to press home their demands, including an upward review of shift allowance, adjustment of uniform allowance, a separate salary structure for nurses, an increase in core duty allowance, mass recruitment of nurses, and the establishment of a nursing department in the Federal Ministry of Health, among others.

Tibiebi said, “The strike has not been suspended. Earlier today (Friday), the NANNM executives had a meeting with the Coordinating Minister of Health and Social Welfare, Prof. Muhammad Pate, and it was the minister that went to press to say the strike was called-off.

“He wasn’t the one that called the strike in the first place, so he has no right to call off the strike. So, the strike is still on.”

He added that the union’s National Executive Council would meet today (Saturday) to review the Federal Government’s promises and determine the next line of action.

“There will be a National Executive Council meeting today (Saturday), and that’s when a decision will be made, and we would know if what the Federal Government has promised is good enough for us to suspend the strike,” he stated.

Meanwhile, hospitals nationwide continue to feel the impact of the strike, with patients facing disruptions in healthcare delivery.

Overwhelmed by patient loads, the few available medical staff members are struggling to maintain basic operations.

Many patients have been discharged due to the shortage of nurses, numerous hospital wards remain deserted, skeletal services are running in some areas, while others are completely shut down.

 

The Punch

Tags: Nurses’ Strike

The Reflector Newspaper's newsletters cover a variety of topics, from daily news to lifestyle content, markets info to medical news. Subscribe to get the latest information.

Unsubscribe
Previous Post

Verify Before You Amplify, Tinubu Urges Digital Influencers

Next Post

Revalidate Membership At Ward Level – Eno To APC Members

Next Post
Revalidate Membership At Ward Level – Eno To APC Members

Revalidate Membership At Ward Level - Eno To APC Members

RECOMMENDED NEWS

Customs Service Promotes 357 Junior Officers In Recognition Of Excellent Service

Customs Service Promotes 357 Junior Officers In Recognition Of Excellent Service

2 years ago
Afenifere Cautions Akintola, Others Against Stoking Religious Conflict

Afenifere Cautions Akintola, Others Against Stoking Religious Conflict

5 months ago
Otedola Bridge Fire: Survivors Describe Their Narrow Escape From Disaster

Otedola Bridge Fire: Survivors Describe Their Narrow Escape From Disaster

5 months ago
Furious Benue Commuters Left Stranded As Fuel Price Hits N1,500/litre

Depots Increase Petrol Price To N875/litre

5 months ago

FOLLOW US

BROWSE BY CATEGORIES

  • Business
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Style
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Health
  • Interview
  • Love & Relationships
  • News
  • Opinions
  • Politics
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Uncategorized

BROWSE BY TOPICS

#EndBadGovernance protest 2027 Elections ADC Ademola Adeleke Akpabio Alaafin Of Oyo APC Atiku Bola Tinubu Buhari By-Elections CBEX Coalition Dangote Refinery Defection Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) Economic Hardship EFCC Emergency Rule Federal Government of Nigeria Fubara Fuel Price Fuel Price Hike Gunmen INEC JAMB Natasha Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL) Nnamdi Kanu NNPC NNPCL NYSC Olubadan PDP Peter Obi President Ahmed Bola Tinubu Rivers Administrator Rivers Assembly Rivers Crisis Senate Tinubu UTME VeryDarkMan WAEC Wike

POPULAR NEWS

  • Congo’s President Daughter’s Bedroom Surfaces Online

    Congo’s President Daughter’s Bedroom Surfaces Online

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Economy Bleeds As Naira Hits Record Low With N72.58 Depreiciation Against Dollar

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Old Naira Notes Remain Valid – CBN

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Gospel Actress, Flora Of Abattoir Movie Series Is Dead

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • JUST IN: FCT Minister Wike Leads Eid-El-Fitr Homage To President Tinubu Amid Death Rumors

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
The Reflector Newspaper

Our mission at The Reflector Newspaper is to cultivate a dynamic digital space where truth, integrity, and diversity thrive.

Follow us on social media:

Recent News

  • Obi Faults FG Over Hike In International Passport Fees
  • NLC Demands N150,000 Minimum Wage For Lagos Workers
  • PDP Considering Jonathan, Obi For 2027 Presidential Ticket – Bala Mohammed
  • NNPC Was Losing N500m Monthly At PH Refinery When I Took Over – Ojulari

Category

  • Business
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Style
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Health
  • Interview
  • Love & Relationships
  • News
  • Opinions
  • Politics
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Uncategorized

Recent News

Obi Faults FG Over Hike In International Passport Fees

Obi Faults FG Over Hike In International Passport Fees

August 29, 2025
BREAKING: New Minimum Wage Payment Begins From July 29 – FG

NLC Demands N150,000 Minimum Wage For Lagos Workers

August 29, 2025
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact

Copyright © 2024 The Reflector Newspaper. Website designed by Mavens Designs.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
  • Login
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Business
  • Opinions
  • Sport
  • Crime
  • Others
    • Education
    • Economy
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion & Style
    • Health
    • Interview
    • Love & Relationships
    • Technology

Copyright © 2024 The Reflector Newspaper. Website designed by Mavens Designs.

Verified by MonsterInsights