Be patient with me, Tinubu Begs Nigerians – The Reflector Newspaper
Friday, August 29, 2025
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
The Reflector Newspaper
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Business
  • Opinions
  • Sport
  • Crime
  • Others
    • Education
    • Economy
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion & Style
    • Health
    • Interview
    • Love & Relationships
    • Technology
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
The Reflector Newspaper
Home Featured

Be patient with me, Tinubu Begs Nigerians

Ifeanyi Uzoechiena by Ifeanyi Uzoechiena
June 1, 2025
in Featured, News
0
Tinubu’s 64th Independence Anniversary Speech (FULL TEXT)
0
SHARES
6
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInShare on WhatsAppShare on TelegramSend to Email

President Bola Tinubu has appealed to Nigerians to be patient with him.

The president made the appeal at the inauguration of the completed Phase 1, Section 1 (30km by six lanes) of the 750km Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway on Saturday.

Related posts

Obi Faults FG Over Hike In International Passport Fees

Obi Faults FG Over Hike In International Passport Fees

August 29, 2025
BREAKING: New Minimum Wage Payment Begins From July 29 – FG

NLC Demands N150,000 Minimum Wage For Lagos Workers

August 29, 2025

He said, “I know at this stage, your expectation is still very high and our people are still going through difficult times. I take this opportunity to appeal to all Nigerians that the hope is here and it is realisable.

“You would be proud of the benefits, there is light at the end of the tunnel. Inflation is coming down, the corruption in the exchange rate is eliminated, the corruption in fuel subsidy is limited to the barest minimum.

“It is all for you the people, we are reducing the cost of manufacturing, and encouraging manufacturing locally. We give all incentives for everyone to abide by the principle. May God bless our country; may God bless Lagos State and keep our fighting soldiers safe.”

Tinubu warned developers, noting that development on land without approval would not be compensated.

“Let me at this stage warn all developers, the Federal Government reinforced the setbacks for the interest of our nation, development without approval will not be compensated. We have gazetted and published the setbacks, we are going to enforce it rigidly in every way possible,” he stated.

The Minister of Works, David Umahi, said the project was designed on a six-lane carriageway with a total corridor width of 60m.

According to him, only the landmark’s encroachment on the front shoreline was touched during the construction of the road.

“Mr. President, I want to state that we did no harm to the landmark property. It is by your order that we should save as much infrastructure as possible even though they violated the gazetted route.

“The landmark infrastructure is intact, what went off was their encroachment on our front shoreline, and the Supreme Court ruled that 250 metres from the shoreline belong to the Federal Government, and so we didn’t do that,” Umahi said.

The minister announced that the President had ordered the governors of states with major Federal Government projects to give a minimum of 500 metres from the edge of the carriageway which would be part of the tolling arrangement.

He said by law, the Federal Government was not supposed to pay compensation for shanties along the road, but the President directed that compensation be paid.

Umahi further disclosed that a total of N18bn had been paid in compensation for the Phase 1 of the Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway.

 

The Punch

Tags: Economic HardshipTinubu

The Reflector Newspaper's newsletters cover a variety of topics, from daily news to lifestyle content, markets info to medical news. Subscribe to get the latest information.

Unsubscribe
Previous Post

PSG Runs Riot Against Inter Milan To Clinch First Champions League Title

Next Post

NANS Mourns Kano Athletes Killed In Auto Crash

Next Post
Power Outage: NANS Slams EKEDC For Placing Varsities On Band-A

NANS Mourns Kano Athletes Killed In Auto Crash

RECOMMENDED NEWS

BREAKING: National Intelligence Agency DG, Rufai Abubakar Resigns

NIA DG, Ahmed Abubakar Submits Resignation Letter To Tinubu

1 year ago
PHOTOS: Police Uncover Bomb On Borno Farm

PHOTOS: Police Uncover Bomb On Borno Farm

2 weeks ago
Nigeria Unveils Innovative Airport Hotel: Redefining Travel Experience

Nigeria Unveils Innovative Airport Hotel: Redefining Travel Experience

2 years ago
US Rapper, Fatman Scoop Slumps On Stage, Dies Aged 53

US Rapper, Fatman Scoop Slumps On Stage, Dies Aged 53

12 months ago

FOLLOW US

BROWSE BY CATEGORIES

  • Business
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Style
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Health
  • Interview
  • Love & Relationships
  • News
  • Opinions
  • Politics
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Uncategorized

BROWSE BY TOPICS

#EndBadGovernance protest 2027 Elections ADC Ademola Adeleke Akpabio Alaafin Of Oyo APC Atiku Bola Tinubu Buhari By-Elections CBEX Coalition Dangote Refinery Defection Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) Economic Hardship EFCC Emergency Rule Federal Government of Nigeria Fubara Fuel Price Fuel Price Hike Gunmen INEC JAMB Natasha Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL) Nnamdi Kanu NNPC NNPCL NYSC Olubadan PDP Peter Obi President Ahmed Bola Tinubu Rivers Administrator Rivers Assembly Rivers Crisis Senate Tinubu UTME VeryDarkMan WAEC Wike

POPULAR NEWS

  • Congo’s President Daughter’s Bedroom Surfaces Online

    Congo’s President Daughter’s Bedroom Surfaces Online

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Economy Bleeds As Naira Hits Record Low With N72.58 Depreiciation Against Dollar

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Old Naira Notes Remain Valid – CBN

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Gospel Actress, Flora Of Abattoir Movie Series Is Dead

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • JUST IN: FCT Minister Wike Leads Eid-El-Fitr Homage To President Tinubu Amid Death Rumors

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
The Reflector Newspaper

Our mission at The Reflector Newspaper is to cultivate a dynamic digital space where truth, integrity, and diversity thrive.

Follow us on social media:

Recent News

  • Obi Faults FG Over Hike In International Passport Fees
  • NLC Demands N150,000 Minimum Wage For Lagos Workers
  • PDP Considering Jonathan, Obi For 2027 Presidential Ticket – Bala Mohammed
  • NNPC Was Losing N500m Monthly At PH Refinery When I Took Over – Ojulari

Category

  • Business
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Style
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Health
  • Interview
  • Love & Relationships
  • News
  • Opinions
  • Politics
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Uncategorized

Recent News

Obi Faults FG Over Hike In International Passport Fees

Obi Faults FG Over Hike In International Passport Fees

August 29, 2025
BREAKING: New Minimum Wage Payment Begins From July 29 – FG

NLC Demands N150,000 Minimum Wage For Lagos Workers

August 29, 2025
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact

Copyright © 2024 The Reflector Newspaper. Website designed by Mavens Designs.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
  • Login
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Business
  • Opinions
  • Sport
  • Crime
  • Others
    • Education
    • Economy
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion & Style
    • Health
    • Interview
    • Love & Relationships
    • Technology

Copyright © 2024 The Reflector Newspaper. Website designed by Mavens Designs.

Verified by MonsterInsights