Ekiti Man Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Sex Worker With Poison – The Reflector Newspaper
Saturday, August 30, 2025
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
The Reflector Newspaper
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Business
  • Opinions
  • Sport
  • Crime
  • Others
    • Education
    • Economy
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion & Style
    • Health
    • Interview
    • Love & Relationships
    • Technology
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
The Reflector Newspaper
Home Featured

Ekiti Man Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Sex Worker With Poison

Victor Okebunmi by Victor Okebunmi
May 6, 2025
in Featured, News
0
Ekiti Man Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Sex Worker With Poison
0
SHARES
8
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInShare on WhatsAppShare on TelegramSend to Email

Justice Lekan Olatawura of the Ekiti State High Court, sitting in Ado Ekiti, has sentenced 26-year-old David Isaiah to death by hanging for conspiracy, kidnapping, and murder.

 

Related posts

2027: Why Jonathan Should Not Contest — Shehu Sani

Jonathan Consulting, Not Out Of 2027 Race — Brother

August 30, 2025
Tinubu-Shettima Campaign Coordinator In Zamfara Resigns

Tinubu-Shettima Campaign Coordinator In Zamfara Resigns

August 30, 2025

The convict was arraigned before Justice Lekan Olatawura on 18th April 2024 on a three-count charge of conspiracy, kidnapping, and murder.

 

According to the prosecutor, the offenses are contrary to Sections 280, 279(a), and 234 of the Criminal Law of Ekiti State, 2021.

 

The charge reads that the defendant and Saviour Daniel, who died during the pendency of the case on 6th February 2024 in Ado Ekiti, within the jurisdiction of the honourable court, conspired to kidnap and murder one Comfort James, a commercial sex worker.

 

In his testimony before the court, the Director of Afrika Brothel, Irona, Ado Ekiti said, “I was called by other commercial sex workers in the brothel, that they have not seen the deceased since yesterday, and also said, she had called to inform them that she had been kidnapped, with her hands tied by her abductors who were demanding a ransom of N100,000.

 

“I went and reported the matter at the police station and later at the Civil Defence office. Their telephone lines were tracked, and they were later arrested; they took the Civil Defence Officers to where they dumped her dead body after killing her,” he concluded.

 

To prove his case, the prosecutor, Ibironke Odetola, called six witnesses and tendered the defendant’s statements, pictures of the deceased, a warrant to bury the corpse, a pair of slippers, SIM cards, and herbicide as exhibits. The defendant told the court that, after having sex with the deceased, they used her number to call her colleagues that she had been kidnapped and demanding a ransom of N100,000.

 

“Her hands and neck were tied when the ransom was not forthcoming, and when we discovered she had seen our faces, to avoid being implicated, we poured herbicide in her mouth, and she later died,” he said.

 

In his judgement, Justice Olatawura said, “I therefore find that the prosecution has proven beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant conspired with his late friend (Saviour Daniel) to kidnap and murder Comfort James.

 

“Consequent upon the foregoing, the defendant is found guilty as charged.

Any sympathetic consideration in favour of the defendant cannot, therefore, be justified.

 

“Consequently, the defendant is sentenced to 21 years’ imprisonment for conspiracy, life imprisonment for kidnapping, and for murder, the judgement of this court upon you is that you be hanged by the neck until you are dead; may God have mercy on your soul.”

The Reflector Newspaper's newsletters cover a variety of topics, from daily news to lifestyle content, markets info to medical news. Subscribe to get the latest information.

Unsubscribe
Previous Post

Tinubu Moves To End Procurement Of Foreign Goods With New ‘Nigeria First’ Policy

Next Post

Finance Minister Dismisses Allegation Of N13bn Contract Violation

Next Post
Finance Minister  Dismisses Allegation Of N13bn Contract Violation

Finance Minister Dismisses Allegation Of N13bn Contract Violation

RECOMMENDED NEWS

MultiChoice Grants Free 3 Days Access To All DStv Channels

MultiChoice Grants Free 3 Days Access To All DStv Channels

8 months ago
N’Assembly Plans Law For Presidential Swearing-In At National Assembly Arcade

N’Assembly Plans Law For Presidential Swearing-In At National Assembly Arcade

3 months ago
Alake Of Egbaland Lauds President Tinubu For Over Approval Of New Varsity

Alake Of Egbaland Lauds President Tinubu For Over Approval Of New Varsity

6 months ago
Ex-Kwara Governor, Abdulfatah Ahmed, Secures Bail Amidst N10bn Fraud Allegations

Former Nigerian Power Minister, Agunloye, Released On N50 Million Bail

2 years ago

FOLLOW US

BROWSE BY CATEGORIES

  • Business
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Style
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Health
  • Interview
  • Love & Relationships
  • News
  • Opinions
  • Politics
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Uncategorized

BROWSE BY TOPICS

#EndBadGovernance protest 2027 Elections ADC Ademola Adeleke Akpabio Alaafin Of Oyo APC Atiku Bola Tinubu Buhari By-Elections CBEX Coalition Dangote Refinery Defection Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) Economic Hardship EFCC Emergency Rule Federal Government of Nigeria Fubara Fuel Price Fuel Price Hike Goodluck Jonathan Gunmen INEC JAMB Natasha Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL) Nnamdi Kanu NNPC NNPCL Olubadan PDP Peter Obi President Ahmed Bola Tinubu Rivers Administrator Rivers Assembly Rivers Crisis Senate Tinubu UTME VeryDarkMan WAEC Wike

POPULAR NEWS

  • Congo’s President Daughter’s Bedroom Surfaces Online

    Congo’s President Daughter’s Bedroom Surfaces Online

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Economy Bleeds As Naira Hits Record Low With N72.58 Depreiciation Against Dollar

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Old Naira Notes Remain Valid – CBN

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Gospel Actress, Flora Of Abattoir Movie Series Is Dead

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • JUST IN: FCT Minister Wike Leads Eid-El-Fitr Homage To President Tinubu Amid Death Rumors

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
The Reflector Newspaper

Our mission at The Reflector Newspaper is to cultivate a dynamic digital space where truth, integrity, and diversity thrive.

Follow us on social media:

Recent News

  • Jonathan Consulting, Not Out Of 2027 Race — Brother
  • Tinubu-Shettima Campaign Coordinator In Zamfara Resigns
  • Abusive Marriage: Lagos Records 8,692 Domestic Violence Cases
  • Varsity Profs Demand N2.5m Salary

Category

  • Business
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Style
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Health
  • Interview
  • Love & Relationships
  • News
  • Opinions
  • Politics
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Uncategorized

Recent News

2027: Why Jonathan Should Not Contest — Shehu Sani

Jonathan Consulting, Not Out Of 2027 Race — Brother

August 30, 2025
Tinubu-Shettima Campaign Coordinator In Zamfara Resigns

Tinubu-Shettima Campaign Coordinator In Zamfara Resigns

August 30, 2025
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact

Copyright © 2024 The Reflector Newspaper. Website designed by Mavens Designs.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
  • Login
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Business
  • Opinions
  • Sport
  • Crime
  • Others
    • Education
    • Economy
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion & Style
    • Health
    • Interview
    • Love & Relationships
    • Technology

Copyright © 2024 The Reflector Newspaper. Website designed by Mavens Designs.

Verified by MonsterInsights