Court Strikes Out Falana, Falz’s N1bn Defamation Suit Against VeryDarkMan – The Reflector Newspaper
Friday, August 29, 2025
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
The Reflector Newspaper
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Business
  • Opinions
  • Sport
  • Crime
  • Others
    • Education
    • Economy
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion & Style
    • Health
    • Interview
    • Love & Relationships
    • Technology
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
The Reflector Newspaper
Home Featured

Court Strikes Out Falana, Falz’s N1bn Defamation Suit Against VeryDarkMan

Ifeanyi Uzoechiena by Ifeanyi Uzoechiena
April 15, 2025
in Featured, News
0
Defamation: Court Adjourns Case Between Falana, VDM To Jan 23
0
SHARES
18
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInShare on WhatsAppShare on TelegramSend to Email

A Lagos State High Court in Ikeja on Tuesday struck out the preliminary objection in the defamation suit filed by human rights lawyer Femi Falana, (SAN), and his son, popular musician Folarin Falana, also known as Falz, against social media personality Vincent Otse, popularly called VeryDarkMan.

Justice Mathias Dawoodu struck out the suit following his discovery that the substantive suit was already before another court, rendering further proceedings before him unnecessary.

Related posts

NEITI Backs Ojulari To Deliver Oil Sector Reforms

NEITI Backs Ojulari To Deliver Oil Sector Reforms

August 29, 2025
Edo NDLEA Decorates 7 Deputy Commanders 

Edo NDLEA Decorates 7 Deputy Commanders 

August 29, 2025

Neither the Falanas nor Otse was present at the hearing. However, counsel to the defendant, N.O. Alagbe, appearing on behalf of lead counsel Marvin Omorogbe, informed the court that an application dated April 11, 2025, and filed on April 14, 2025, had been brought to stay proceedings, pending judgment by Justice Azeez in a parallel matter.

Justice Dawoodu responded that the said application was not before his court and questioned why he was being troubled with the matter when the substantive suit was already before another court.

Counsel to the Falanas, Omotayo Olatunbosun, told the court that although he received the application at 4:15 pm late on Monday afternoon, the preliminary objection was properly scheduled and ready for hearing.

He accused the defence of attempting to stall the case and cited a Supreme Court decision which held that courts are not bound to act on applications not yet in their files.

He therefore urged the judge to proceed with the business of the day.

After listening to the submissions of counsel, Justice Dawoodu ruled that after considering the matter at hand, the new application filed by defence but not in his file does not warrant going ahead with the suit.

“Consequently, this suit is hereby struck out,” the judge held.

The Falanas had filed the N1bn defamation suit against Otse, demanding N500m each in damages over a video posted on his social media platforms.

In the video, Otse allegedly claimed that Femi Falana demanded N10m, from controversial crossdresser Idris Okuneye, popularly known as Bobrisky, to pervert the course of justice.

 

The PUNCH

Tags: FalzFemi FalanaVeryDarkMan

The Reflector Newspaper's newsletters cover a variety of topics, from daily news to lifestyle content, markets info to medical news. Subscribe to get the latest information.

Unsubscribe
Previous Post

JUST IN: Ibas Summons Fubara to Govt House

Next Post

I Have Capacity To Become Nigeria’s President — Seyi Makinde

Next Post
Makinde Declares August 20 Public Holiday To Celebrate Isese Day

I Have Capacity To Become Nigeria’s President — Seyi Makinde

RECOMMENDED NEWS

Nigeria Clears Binance Executive Of Money Laundering

Nigeria Clears Binance Executive Of Money Laundering

10 months ago

Real Madrid 1-1 Levante: Marcelo Sent Out, As Levante Frustrate Madrid

8 years ago
Tinubu Commend Achievements Of Nigerians In Diaspora

Tinubu Commend Achievements Of Nigerians In Diaspora

7 months ago
Elon Musk To Step Down Soon, Trump Tells Cabinet

Trump Threatens To Deport Musk As Feud Deepens

2 months ago

FOLLOW US

BROWSE BY CATEGORIES

  • Business
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Style
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Health
  • Interview
  • Love & Relationships
  • News
  • Opinions
  • Politics
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Uncategorized

BROWSE BY TOPICS

#EndBadGovernance protest 2027 Elections ADC Ademola Adeleke Akpabio Alaafin Of Oyo APC Atiku Bola Tinubu Buhari By-Elections CBEX Coalition Dangote Refinery Defection Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) Economic Hardship EFCC Emergency Rule Federal Government of Nigeria Fubara Fuel Price Fuel Price Hike Gunmen INEC JAMB Natasha Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL) Nnamdi Kanu NNPC NNPCL NYSC Olubadan PDP Peter Obi President Ahmed Bola Tinubu Rivers Administrator Rivers Assembly Rivers Crisis Senate Tinubu UTME VeryDarkMan WAEC Wike

POPULAR NEWS

  • Congo’s President Daughter’s Bedroom Surfaces Online

    Congo’s President Daughter’s Bedroom Surfaces Online

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Economy Bleeds As Naira Hits Record Low With N72.58 Depreiciation Against Dollar

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Old Naira Notes Remain Valid – CBN

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Gospel Actress, Flora Of Abattoir Movie Series Is Dead

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • JUST IN: FCT Minister Wike Leads Eid-El-Fitr Homage To President Tinubu Amid Death Rumors

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
The Reflector Newspaper

Our mission at The Reflector Newspaper is to cultivate a dynamic digital space where truth, integrity, and diversity thrive.

Follow us on social media:

Recent News

  • NEITI Backs Ojulari To Deliver Oil Sector Reforms
  • Edo NDLEA Decorates 7 Deputy Commanders 
  • Delta Deputy Speaker Criticizes Oil Firms For Ignoring Meeting
  • Former Super Eagles Striker Ujah Retires From Football

Category

  • Business
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Style
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Health
  • Interview
  • Love & Relationships
  • News
  • Opinions
  • Politics
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Uncategorized

Recent News

NEITI Backs Ojulari To Deliver Oil Sector Reforms

NEITI Backs Ojulari To Deliver Oil Sector Reforms

August 29, 2025
Edo NDLEA Decorates 7 Deputy Commanders 

Edo NDLEA Decorates 7 Deputy Commanders 

August 29, 2025
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact

Copyright © 2024 The Reflector Newspaper. Website designed by Mavens Designs.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
  • Login
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Business
  • Opinions
  • Sport
  • Crime
  • Others
    • Education
    • Economy
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion & Style
    • Health
    • Interview
    • Love & Relationships
    • Technology

Copyright © 2024 The Reflector Newspaper. Website designed by Mavens Designs.

Verified by MonsterInsights