Igbo Group Demands N100trn Compensation Over IBB Revelations – The Reflector Newspaper
Saturday, August 30, 2025
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
The Reflector Newspaper
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Business
  • Opinions
  • Sport
  • Crime
  • Others
    • Education
    • Economy
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion & Style
    • Health
    • Interview
    • Love & Relationships
    • Technology
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
The Reflector Newspaper
Home Featured

Igbo Group Demands N100trn Compensation Over IBB Revelations

Ifeanyi Uzoechiena by Ifeanyi Uzoechiena
February 25, 2025
in Featured, News
0
Igbo Group Demands N100trn Compensation Over IBB Revelations
0
SHARES
26
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInShare on WhatsAppShare on TelegramSend to Email

Moved by revelations made by former military Head of State, General Ibrahim Babangida (retd), that the 1966 coup was not an Igbo coup, an Igbo group, Njiko Igbo Forum, has demanded the sum of N100 trillion from the Nigerian government on account of the injustice suffered by the Igbo people from 1966 to date.

Babangida, in his new book, ‘A Journey in Service’, released last week, exonerated the Igbo as plotters of the coup.

Related posts

2027: Why Jonathan Should Not Contest — Shehu Sani

Jonathan Consulting, Not Out Of 2027 Race — Brother

August 30, 2025
Tinubu-Shettima Campaign Coordinator In Zamfara Resigns

Tinubu-Shettima Campaign Coordinator In Zamfara Resigns

August 30, 2025

Reacting to the development, Njiko Igbo, an affiliate of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, in a statement by its President, Rev. Okechukwu Obioha, asked members from the Southeast in the National Assembly to send a bill to the National Assembly for a N100 trillion compensation to be paid to the Igbo for the injustices suffered as a result of the wrong impression.

“This is compensation for the rejection, hate, marginalisation, pogrom/genocide, and millions killed during the civil war; economic losses due to the destruction of properties, businesses, seized properties, etc., which resulted from a false narrative created.

“It is now very clear that the commanders and leaders of the January Coup of 1966, popularly known as the ‘Igbo coup,’ were Kaduna Nzeogwu—Delta, Adewale Ademoyega – Yoruba, Capt. G. Adeleke – Yoruba, Lt. Fola Oyewole – Yoruba, Emmanuel Ifeajuna—Igbo, Lt. Tijani Katsina—Hausa, Capt. Gibson Jalo—Niger Delta, and Lt. O. Olafemiyan—Yoruba,” the group said.

It added that more revelations have emerged, showing that the coup was actually meant to free Chief Obafemi Awolowo from prison and install him as Nigeria’s Prime Minister.

“It has been confirmed by some of those who were directly involved or had firsthand knowledge of the coup’s planning.

“In other words, if the coup had gone exactly as planned, Awolowo would have been released and made the Prime Minister,” the statement explained.

It added that with the evidence now in place, “the Igbo must be apologised to by Nigeria and efforts must be made to assuage them by paying compensation, which, no matter how much, cannot be equated with the millions of lives lost during the war and their subjugation for 55 years – from January 15, 1970 (when the war is said to have ended) to February 2025.”

Meanwhile, the group also demanded that the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Prof. Mahmoud Yakubu, should open up on the 2023 general election.

“We will not want another memoir written by, maybe, Prof. Mahmoud, the INEC Chairman, or President Tinubu when Peter Obi is gone, like Chief MKO Abiola is being written about and confirmed today as the winner of the 1993 presidential election,” the group said.

 

The Guardian

Tags: IBBOhanaeze Ndigbo

The Reflector Newspaper's newsletters cover a variety of topics, from daily news to lifestyle content, markets info to medical news. Subscribe to get the latest information.

Unsubscribe
Previous Post

APC Diaspora Leader, Jones Ajimijere Congratulates Ondo State Governor, Deputy

Next Post

Bayo Onanuga Urges El-Rufai To Forget Ministerial Snub, Move On

Next Post
Bayo Onanuga Urges El-Rufai To Forget Ministerial Snub, Move On

Bayo Onanuga Urges El-Rufai To Forget Ministerial Snub, Move On

RECOMMENDED NEWS

Sowore Labels Council Of State Meeting “Summit Of Unsuccessful Individuals”

Sowore Labels Council Of State Meeting “Summit Of Unsuccessful Individuals”

1 year ago
EFCC Secures Final Forfeiture Of 753 Abuja Estate Duplexes

EFCC Secures Final Forfeiture Of 753 Abuja Estate Duplexes

9 months ago
Obi Calls For Transparency After ₦54trn Budget Increase

N142b For Bus Terminals Instead Of Hospitals Misplaced Priority — Obi

1 week ago
Renewed Hope Global Team Pays Courtesy Visit To Energy Commission

Renewed Hope Global Team Pays Courtesy Visit To Energy Commission

5 months ago

FOLLOW US

BROWSE BY CATEGORIES

  • Business
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Style
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Health
  • Interview
  • Love & Relationships
  • News
  • Opinions
  • Politics
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Uncategorized

BROWSE BY TOPICS

#EndBadGovernance protest 2027 Elections ADC Ademola Adeleke Akpabio Alaafin Of Oyo APC Atiku Bola Tinubu Buhari By-Elections CBEX Coalition Dangote Refinery Defection Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) Economic Hardship EFCC Emergency Rule Federal Government of Nigeria Fubara Fuel Price Fuel Price Hike Goodluck Jonathan Gunmen INEC JAMB Natasha Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL) Nnamdi Kanu NNPC NNPCL Olubadan PDP Peter Obi President Ahmed Bola Tinubu Rivers Administrator Rivers Assembly Rivers Crisis Senate Tinubu UTME VeryDarkMan WAEC Wike

POPULAR NEWS

  • Congo’s President Daughter’s Bedroom Surfaces Online

    Congo’s President Daughter’s Bedroom Surfaces Online

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Economy Bleeds As Naira Hits Record Low With N72.58 Depreiciation Against Dollar

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Old Naira Notes Remain Valid – CBN

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Gospel Actress, Flora Of Abattoir Movie Series Is Dead

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • JUST IN: FCT Minister Wike Leads Eid-El-Fitr Homage To President Tinubu Amid Death Rumors

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
The Reflector Newspaper

Our mission at The Reflector Newspaper is to cultivate a dynamic digital space where truth, integrity, and diversity thrive.

Follow us on social media:

Recent News

  • Jonathan Consulting, Not Out Of 2027 Race — Brother
  • Tinubu-Shettima Campaign Coordinator In Zamfara Resigns
  • Abusive Marriage: Lagos Records 8,692 Domestic Violence Cases
  • Varsity Profs Demand N2.5m Salary

Category

  • Business
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Style
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Health
  • Interview
  • Love & Relationships
  • News
  • Opinions
  • Politics
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Uncategorized

Recent News

2027: Why Jonathan Should Not Contest — Shehu Sani

Jonathan Consulting, Not Out Of 2027 Race — Brother

August 30, 2025
Tinubu-Shettima Campaign Coordinator In Zamfara Resigns

Tinubu-Shettima Campaign Coordinator In Zamfara Resigns

August 30, 2025
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact

Copyright © 2024 The Reflector Newspaper. Website designed by Mavens Designs.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
  • Login
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Business
  • Opinions
  • Sport
  • Crime
  • Others
    • Education
    • Economy
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion & Style
    • Health
    • Interview
    • Love & Relationships
    • Technology

Copyright © 2024 The Reflector Newspaper. Website designed by Mavens Designs.

Verified by MonsterInsights