BREAKING: FG Asks Adeleke To Suspend Osun LG Election – The Reflector Newspaper
Saturday, August 30, 2025
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
The Reflector Newspaper
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Business
  • Opinions
  • Sport
  • Crime
  • Others
    • Education
    • Economy
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion & Style
    • Health
    • Interview
    • Love & Relationships
    • Technology
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
The Reflector Newspaper
Home Featured

BREAKING: FG Asks Adeleke To Suspend Osun LG Election

Victor Okebunmi by Victor Okebunmi
February 20, 2025
in Featured, News
0
JUST IN: FG Abolishes  18-Year Age Limit For Admission
0
SHARES
101
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInShare on WhatsAppShare on TelegramSend to Email

Tinubu’s government asks Adeleke to suspend Osun LG election, says court has reinstated APC Chairmen

Share

Related posts

NEITI Backs Ojulari To Deliver Oil Sector Reforms

NEITI Backs Ojulari To Deliver Oil Sector Reforms

August 29, 2025
Edo NDLEA Decorates 7 Deputy Commanders 

Edo NDLEA Decorates 7 Deputy Commanders 

August 29, 2025

The Federal Government has asked Governor Ademola Adeleke of Osun State to suspend the Local Government elections scheduled for Saturday.

Lateef Fagbemi, Attorney-General of the Federation (AGF), stated this while commenting on the ongoing crisis in the state.

In a statement issued late Thursday, Fagbemi said the position of the law was clear on the development creating friction between the All Progressives Congress (APC) and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Recall that some persons, including a former council chairman, were killed while many sustained injuries in the clash that ensued over the attempt to take control of Local Government secretariats.

The Osun state government had blamed the crisis on the APC and former governor Gboyega Oyetola, now Minister of Marine and Blue Economy.

Adeleke had vowed that nothing would stop Saturday’s election from holding, urging the people to turn out en masse.

But in his statement on Thursday, Fagbemi said the order which the governor relied on to sack the local govrnment chairmen elected under the administration had been nullified by the court.

“My attention has been drawn to the PUBLIC OUTCRY OF Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke concerning the judgment of the Court of Appeal, Akure division delivered on 10th day of February, 2025 in Appeal No CA/AK/272/2022 which nullified and set aside the judgement of the Federal High Court, Osogbo, Osun State, delivered on 25th day of November, 2022.”

“It has become necessary to issue this public notice to remove doubts, fears and uncertainties created by misrepresentations and disinformation concerning the legal effect of the judgement of the Court of Appeal.

“Putting matters in proper context, the event that led to the two judgements was that during the currency of the term of the former Governor of Osun State, Adegboyega Oyetola, election was held into all the local governments of Osun State and winners were sworn in.

“However, a few days before the swearing in of Governor Adeleke, the Federal High Court Osogbo delivered the judgement referred to above in which it nullified the election of the Local Government elected officials and removed them from office. As soon as Governor Adeleke assumed office a few days after the judgement, he issued executive order for the physical removal of the elected officials and replaced them with caretaker appointees.

“Meanwhile, the APC that was a party in the Federal High Court case referred to above appealed against the judgement. The Court of Appeal eventually, on 10th day of February, 2025 delivered its judgement in the appeal filed by APC against the judgement of the Federal High Court. The Court of Appeal not only allowed the appeal, it also held affirmatively that the suit that resulted in the judgement of the Federal High Court referred to above was incompetent and consequently made an order striking out the suit.

“Accordingly, the judgement of the Court of Appeal had by implication effectively restored the elected Local Government officials removed by the Federal High Court, back to their offices.

“According to the facts made available to my office, it was the attempt by the said elected officials to resume back in their positions that was resisted by some disgruntled elements which led to the crisis. His Excellency, the Governor of Osun State, Ademola Nurudeen Jackson Adeleke is no doubt aware of this scenario and ought, as a leader to have called the disgruntled elements to order in accordance with his Oath of Office to maintain law and order in Osun State.

The Reflector Newspaper's newsletters cover a variety of topics, from daily news to lifestyle content, markets info to medical news. Subscribe to get the latest information.

Unsubscribe
Previous Post

Breaking: Iragbiji, Iyin-Ekiti Gets Federal Universities

Next Post

Evans Seeks Plea Bargain, Offers To Forfeit Property After Prison Reform

Next Post
Evans Seeks Plea Bargain, Offers To Forfeit Property After Prison Reform

Evans Seeks Plea Bargain, Offers To Forfeit Property After Prison Reform

RECOMMENDED NEWS

Court, Police Bar Journalists From Covering Trial Of Ex-Kwara Gov Ahmed

Court, Police Bar Journalists From Covering Trial Of Ex-Kwara Gov Ahmed

2 years ago
Youth Funds: FG Inaugurates PMO To Oversee Execution Of N110bn

UK, US Patients Now Visit Nigeria For Quality Healthcare – FG 

7 months ago
Tinubu’s 64th Independence Anniversary Speech (FULL TEXT)

President Tinubu Reacts To Opposition Criticism Over Defections

4 months ago
Deputy Police Commissioner Commits Suicide In Ogbomosho

Police Arrest Four For Allegedly Stealing Airtel Mast Batteries Worth N12million In Benin

2 years ago

FOLLOW US

BROWSE BY CATEGORIES

  • Business
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Style
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Health
  • Interview
  • Love & Relationships
  • News
  • Opinions
  • Politics
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Uncategorized

BROWSE BY TOPICS

#EndBadGovernance protest 2027 Elections ADC Ademola Adeleke Akpabio Alaafin Of Oyo APC Atiku Bola Tinubu Buhari By-Elections CBEX Coalition Dangote Refinery Defection Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) Economic Hardship EFCC Emergency Rule Federal Government of Nigeria Fubara Fuel Price Fuel Price Hike Gunmen INEC JAMB Natasha Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL) Nnamdi Kanu NNPC NNPCL NYSC Olubadan PDP Peter Obi President Ahmed Bola Tinubu Rivers Administrator Rivers Assembly Rivers Crisis Senate Tinubu UTME VeryDarkMan WAEC Wike

POPULAR NEWS

  • Congo’s President Daughter’s Bedroom Surfaces Online

    Congo’s President Daughter’s Bedroom Surfaces Online

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Economy Bleeds As Naira Hits Record Low With N72.58 Depreiciation Against Dollar

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Old Naira Notes Remain Valid – CBN

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Gospel Actress, Flora Of Abattoir Movie Series Is Dead

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • JUST IN: FCT Minister Wike Leads Eid-El-Fitr Homage To President Tinubu Amid Death Rumors

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
The Reflector Newspaper

Our mission at The Reflector Newspaper is to cultivate a dynamic digital space where truth, integrity, and diversity thrive.

Follow us on social media:

Recent News

  • NEITI Backs Ojulari To Deliver Oil Sector Reforms
  • Edo NDLEA Decorates 7 Deputy Commanders 
  • Delta Deputy Speaker Criticizes Oil Firms For Ignoring Meeting
  • Former Super Eagles Striker Ujah Retires From Football

Category

  • Business
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Style
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Health
  • Interview
  • Love & Relationships
  • News
  • Opinions
  • Politics
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Uncategorized

Recent News

NEITI Backs Ojulari To Deliver Oil Sector Reforms

NEITI Backs Ojulari To Deliver Oil Sector Reforms

August 29, 2025
Edo NDLEA Decorates 7 Deputy Commanders 

Edo NDLEA Decorates 7 Deputy Commanders 

August 29, 2025
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact

Copyright © 2024 The Reflector Newspaper. Website designed by Mavens Designs.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
  • Login
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Business
  • Opinions
  • Sport
  • Crime
  • Others
    • Education
    • Economy
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion & Style
    • Health
    • Interview
    • Love & Relationships
    • Technology

Copyright © 2024 The Reflector Newspaper. Website designed by Mavens Designs.

Verified by MonsterInsights