Lagos Adopts Inter-agency Collaboration To Tackle Cholera – The Reflector Newspaper
Friday, August 29, 2025
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
The Reflector Newspaper
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Business
  • Opinions
  • Sport
  • Crime
  • Others
    • Education
    • Economy
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion & Style
    • Health
    • Interview
    • Love & Relationships
    • Technology
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
The Reflector Newspaper
Home Featured

Lagos Adopts Inter-agency Collaboration To Tackle Cholera

Racheal Oloyede by Racheal Oloyede
June 26, 2024
in Featured, News
0
Lagos Adopts Inter-agency Collaboration To Tackle Cholera
0
SHARES
9
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInShare on WhatsAppShare on TelegramSend to Email

 

The Lagos State Government has announced the adoption of the One Health Strategy in response to the recent cholera outbreak in the state.

Related posts

NEITI Backs Ojulari To Deliver Oil Sector Reforms

NEITI Backs Ojulari To Deliver Oil Sector Reforms

August 29, 2025
Edo NDLEA Decorates 7 Deputy Commanders 

Edo NDLEA Decorates 7 Deputy Commanders 

August 29, 2025

The Commissioner for Health, Prof. Akin Abayomi, at a press briefing on Tuesday, explained that the approach involved a collaborative response among relevant government agencies, including the Ministries, Departments, and Agencies in the Health, Environment, Agriculture, Physical Planning, Education, and others, to promote a unified effort to prevent and curb the spread of the disease in Lagos communities.

Abayomi emphasised that the collaborative efforts between relevant agencies were a positive step towards preventing and controlling the further spread of cholera in the state, stressing that the state government remained committed to protecting the health and well-being of its citizens.

He said, “As part of activities to combat the spread of cholera and address the spike in cases, the Public Health Emergency Operations Centre was activated.

So This Happened (253) reviews Ojude Oba festival, Nigeria, Ghana facing brain drain, others0:00 / 0:00
“The activities of the PHEOC involve the adoption of the One Health Approach through relevant Ministries, Departments, and Agencies of the Lagos State Government. Officials from the Ministries of Health, Environmental and Water Resources, Education, Information and Strategy, Physical Planning, and Agriculture are working together under the PHEOC to curb the outbreak and prevent future occurrences.”

The commissioner assured residents that the outbreak was well under control, noting that the state had in place an incident command structure led by Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu and an effective emergency operation centre, comprising multiple pillars representing different ministries, agencies, and relevant stakeholders.

Since the cholera outbreak in June, Lagos has recorded 579 suspected cases, 43 laboratory-confirmed cases, and 29 cholera-related deaths, according to data from the Ministry of Health.

“We have unfortunately experienced 29 deaths. Most of these deaths were caused by patients presenting very late, at a stage when we could not resuscitate them due to severe dehydration. Some patients were brought in dead,” the commissioner said.

He noted that the government investigation was still ongoing to ascertain the cause of cholera in the state.

“So far, we have not been able to identify a source yet, but investigations are continuing. We want to see if we can identify a particular source,” he said.

 

The Reflector Newspaper's newsletters cover a variety of topics, from daily news to lifestyle content, markets info to medical news. Subscribe to get the latest information.

Unsubscribe
Previous Post

Atiku Departs Abuja For European Business Trip

Next Post

Presidency Urges Nigerians to Focus on Prevention on International Day Against Drug Abuse

Next Post
Presidency Urges Nigerians to Focus on Prevention on International Day Against Drug Abuse

Presidency Urges Nigerians to Focus on Prevention on International Day Against Drug Abuse

RECOMMENDED NEWS

Osinbajo, Amaechi, Lawan, Others Form Committee To Support Tinubu

Osinbajo, Amaechi, Lawan, Others Form Committee To Support Tinubu

2 years ago
Notify Consumers Of Major Network Outages, NCC Orders Telecom Operators

Notify Consumers Of Major Network Outages, NCC Orders Telecom Operators

3 months ago
“Grid Repair At 90℅,” TCN Reassure Consumers Of Electricity Restoration

JUST IN: National Grid Suffers Second Disturbance In 2025

6 months ago

Why Revenue Drops By N184.2bn In August – Minister

8 years ago

FOLLOW US

BROWSE BY CATEGORIES

  • Business
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Style
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Health
  • Interview
  • Love & Relationships
  • News
  • Opinions
  • Politics
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Uncategorized

BROWSE BY TOPICS

#EndBadGovernance protest 2027 Elections ADC Ademola Adeleke Akpabio Alaafin Of Oyo APC Atiku Bola Tinubu Buhari By-Elections CBEX Coalition Dangote Refinery Defection Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) Economic Hardship EFCC Emergency Rule Federal Government of Nigeria Fubara Fuel Price Fuel Price Hike Gunmen INEC JAMB Natasha Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL) Nnamdi Kanu NNPC NNPCL NYSC Olubadan PDP Peter Obi President Ahmed Bola Tinubu Rivers Administrator Rivers Assembly Rivers Crisis Senate Tinubu UTME VeryDarkMan WAEC Wike

POPULAR NEWS

  • Congo’s President Daughter’s Bedroom Surfaces Online

    Congo’s President Daughter’s Bedroom Surfaces Online

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Economy Bleeds As Naira Hits Record Low With N72.58 Depreiciation Against Dollar

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Old Naira Notes Remain Valid – CBN

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Gospel Actress, Flora Of Abattoir Movie Series Is Dead

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • JUST IN: FCT Minister Wike Leads Eid-El-Fitr Homage To President Tinubu Amid Death Rumors

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
The Reflector Newspaper

Our mission at The Reflector Newspaper is to cultivate a dynamic digital space where truth, integrity, and diversity thrive.

Follow us on social media:

Recent News

  • NEITI Backs Ojulari To Deliver Oil Sector Reforms
  • Edo NDLEA Decorates 7 Deputy Commanders 
  • Delta Deputy Speaker Criticizes Oil Firms For Ignoring Meeting
  • Former Super Eagles Striker Ujah Retires From Football

Category

  • Business
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Style
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Health
  • Interview
  • Love & Relationships
  • News
  • Opinions
  • Politics
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Uncategorized

Recent News

NEITI Backs Ojulari To Deliver Oil Sector Reforms

NEITI Backs Ojulari To Deliver Oil Sector Reforms

August 29, 2025
Edo NDLEA Decorates 7 Deputy Commanders 

Edo NDLEA Decorates 7 Deputy Commanders 

August 29, 2025
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact

Copyright © 2024 The Reflector Newspaper. Website designed by Mavens Designs.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
  • Login
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Business
  • Opinions
  • Sport
  • Crime
  • Others
    • Education
    • Economy
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion & Style
    • Health
    • Interview
    • Love & Relationships
    • Technology

Copyright © 2024 The Reflector Newspaper. Website designed by Mavens Designs.

Verified by MonsterInsights