Nigerian Lawmakers Allocate Additional N30bn For National Assembly Renovation – The Reflector Newspaper
Saturday, August 30, 2025
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
The Reflector Newspaper
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Business
  • Opinions
  • Sport
  • Crime
  • Others
    • Education
    • Economy
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion & Style
    • Health
    • Interview
    • Love & Relationships
    • Technology
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
The Reflector Newspaper
Home Uncategorized

Nigerian Lawmakers Allocate Additional N30bn For National Assembly Renovation

Adams Bamidele by Adams Bamidele
January 8, 2024
in Uncategorized
0
Nigerian Lawmakers Allocate Additional N30bn For National Assembly Renovation
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInShare on WhatsAppShare on TelegramSend to Email

Lawmakers have budgeted an additional N30bn for the renovation of the National Assembly Complex in the 2024 Appropriation Bill.

 

Related posts

Tinubu Set to Begin Japan, Brazil Trip Today After Schedule Shift

Tinubu Set to Begin Japan, Brazil Trip Today After Schedule Shift

August 15, 2025
ADC State Chairmen Rejects David Mark, Atiku, Other Coalition Chiefs

VIDEO: ADC Accuses Tinubu’s Govt Of Plot To Destabilize Party

August 11, 2025

The N30bn earmarked for the renovation of the building was part of the N344.85bn budgeted for the National Assembly after they raised their allocations from N197.93bn.

 

The N344.85bn, signed by President Bola Tinubu on January 1, is the highest ever allocated to the legislature.

 

The additional N30bn brings to N60bn the amount being spent on the renovation of the National Assembly complex.

The Senate President, Godswill Akpabio, who is also the President of the National Assembly, had on June 30, 2023, declared that Tinubu would in December, last year inaugurate the N30bn different ongoing projects at the National Assembly.

 

Akpabio said, “The entire complex of the National Assembly is like a construction site due to ongoing general renovation work and fresh projects which would, on completion, be inaugurated by President Bola Tinubu in December this year (2023).”

 

The renovation was initially billed to be completed and delivered in August 2022 but the delivery date was later moved to January 2023 and then December 2023.

As of January 2024, the renovation of the National Assembly Complex is yet to be completed with skeletal work ongoing on the premises.

 

Our correspondent, who was at the site on Saturday, observed that the contractor, Visible Construction Company, was still at work.

 

An official of the construction firm, who spoke to our correspondent anonymously, said, “People keep blaming us for not finishing the project but those with the money have refused to release money to us.

How are we expected to finish the work without money? If money is released to our company, the project will be done in no time.”

 

Earlier during an oversight visit by the Senate Committee on Federal Capital Territory, the site engineer, Tajudeen Olanipekun, blamed “fluctuations in the value of naira to the United States dollar for the delay.”

 

“This has hampered the importation of required materials and equipment, in addition to the need for more funds from the FCDA,” he said.

 

However, the Head, Public Relations, Federal Capital Development Agency, Richard Nduul, in June disclosed that N19bn had been paid to the construction company

He said, “I would like to refer you to a recent press briefing by the Executive Secretary, Engr. Shehu Hadi Ahmad, just about three weeks ago, where disclosed that so far about N19bn has been expended out of the sum of N30bn being the cost of the contract awarded in 2021 to Messrs Visible Construction Nigeria Limited with a completion date of August 2023.

 

“This project when completed, will bring the Complex to the status of a world-class parliamentary building that will ensure both the comfort, convenience and functionality of the complex,” Nduul added.

 

However, when our correspondent called Nduul to get an update on how much had been expended on the project, he said he was on sick leave.

 

He said, “Please call back on Monday so that I can get the records from the concerned department.”

 

In the same vein, our reporter reached out to the site engineer, Olanipekun for comment on the amount paid, but he refused to pick up his calls and even blocked our correspondent from reaching him.

 

He had also refused to reply to the text messages sent to him

The Reflector Newspaper's newsletters cover a variety of topics, from daily news to lifestyle content, markets info to medical news. Subscribe to get the latest information.

Unsubscribe
Previous Post

Wike Issues Fresh Warning To Employers In Abuja Over Tax

Next Post

Abia Government Clarifies: Ban on Church Conventions Remains In Place

Next Post
Abia Government Clarifies: Ban on Church Conventions Remains In Place

Abia Government Clarifies: Ban on Church Conventions Remains In Place

RECOMMENDED NEWS

FG’s Reforms To Crash Food Prices – Minister

FG’s Reforms To Crash Food Prices – Minister

3 months ago

Buhari Lies, Nigeria Still In Economic Recession, Says Party Chieftain

8 years ago
Over 2 Million Voters Registered For Ondo Poll, INEC Reveals

CVR: Over 500,000 Has Complete Pre-Registration – INEC

1 week ago
Osun PDP Raises Alarm Over Alleged Assassination Plot Against Gov Adeleke

FG Seizes Osun LGs’ February, March, April Allocations

3 months ago

FOLLOW US

BROWSE BY CATEGORIES

  • Business
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Style
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Health
  • Interview
  • Love & Relationships
  • News
  • Opinions
  • Politics
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Uncategorized

BROWSE BY TOPICS

#EndBadGovernance protest 2027 Elections ADC Ademola Adeleke Akpabio Alaafin Of Oyo APC Atiku Bola Tinubu Buhari By-Elections CBEX Coalition Dangote Refinery Defection Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) Economic Hardship EFCC Emergency Rule Federal Government of Nigeria Fubara Fuel Price Fuel Price Hike Goodluck Jonathan Gunmen INEC JAMB Natasha Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL) Nnamdi Kanu NNPC NNPCL Olubadan PDP Peter Obi President Ahmed Bola Tinubu Rivers Administrator Rivers Assembly Rivers Crisis Senate Tinubu UTME VeryDarkMan WAEC Wike

POPULAR NEWS

  • Congo’s President Daughter’s Bedroom Surfaces Online

    Congo’s President Daughter’s Bedroom Surfaces Online

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Economy Bleeds As Naira Hits Record Low With N72.58 Depreiciation Against Dollar

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Old Naira Notes Remain Valid – CBN

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Gospel Actress, Flora Of Abattoir Movie Series Is Dead

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • JUST IN: FCT Minister Wike Leads Eid-El-Fitr Homage To President Tinubu Amid Death Rumors

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
The Reflector Newspaper

Our mission at The Reflector Newspaper is to cultivate a dynamic digital space where truth, integrity, and diversity thrive.

Follow us on social media:

Recent News

  • Jonathan Consulting, Not Out Of 2027 Race — Brother
  • Tinubu-Shettima Campaign Coordinator In Zamfara Resigns
  • Abusive Marriage: Lagos Records 8,692 Domestic Violence Cases
  • Varsity Profs Demand N2.5m Salary

Category

  • Business
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Style
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Health
  • Interview
  • Love & Relationships
  • News
  • Opinions
  • Politics
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Uncategorized

Recent News

2027: Why Jonathan Should Not Contest — Shehu Sani

Jonathan Consulting, Not Out Of 2027 Race — Brother

August 30, 2025
Tinubu-Shettima Campaign Coordinator In Zamfara Resigns

Tinubu-Shettima Campaign Coordinator In Zamfara Resigns

August 30, 2025
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact

Copyright © 2024 The Reflector Newspaper. Website designed by Mavens Designs.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
  • Login
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Business
  • Opinions
  • Sport
  • Crime
  • Others
    • Education
    • Economy
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion & Style
    • Health
    • Interview
    • Love & Relationships
    • Technology

Copyright © 2024 The Reflector Newspaper. Website designed by Mavens Designs.

Verified by MonsterInsights