Tragedy In Kaduna As Airstrike Kills 85 Civilians – The Reflector Newspaper
Saturday, August 30, 2025
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
The Reflector Newspaper
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Business
  • Opinions
  • Sport
  • Crime
  • Others
    • Education
    • Economy
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion & Style
    • Health
    • Interview
    • Love & Relationships
    • Technology
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
The Reflector Newspaper
Home Featured

Tragedy In Kaduna As Airstrike Kills 85 Civilians

Adams Bamidele by Adams Bamidele
December 5, 2023
in Featured, News
0
Tragedy In Kaduna As Airstrike Kills 85 Civilians
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInShare on WhatsAppShare on TelegramSend to Email

There was widespread outrage on Monday over the accidental bombing of Tudun Biri in the Igabi Local Government Area of Kaduna State by the Nigerian Army on Sunday, which left no fewer than 85 villagers dead.

 

Related posts

2027: Why Jonathan Should Not Contest — Shehu Sani

Jonathan Consulting, Not Out Of 2027 Race — Brother

August 30, 2025
Tinubu-Shettima Campaign Coordinator In Zamfara Resigns

Tinubu-Shettima Campaign Coordinator In Zamfara Resigns

August 30, 2025

Residents of the affected communities said they were celebrating Maulud, an Islamic event when the bombs were dropped by the military, a development that triggered both local and international condemnation.

 

The Deputy Governor of Kaduna State, Hadiza Balarabe, had to visit Islamic clerics in the state to douse tension, as the Governor of the state, Senator Uba Sani, ordered a thorough investigation into the bombing to forestall future occurrences.

 

As the state government moved to douse tension, the Christian Association of Nigeria, Arewa Youth Consultative Forum, Human Rights Watch, and Amnesty International, among others, condemned the recurrent erroneous bombings by the military.

This came as findings by The PUNCH showed that no fewer than 425 persons including children and women had been killed by military accidental bombings between September 2017 and 2023.

 

Kaduna govt speaks

 

The state government said the Nigerian Army claimed responsibility for dropping the bomb on Tudun Biri that killed scores of villagers during a Maulud celebration.

 

No fewer than 85 residents were killed in the incident which took place on Sunday night at about 9pm.

 

The Overseeing Commissioner of Internal Security and Home Affairs, Samuel Aruwan, said the General Officer Commanding 1 Division, Nigerian Army, and Force Commander Operation Whirl Punch, Maj-Gen VU Okoro, admitted that the Nigerian Army was on a routine mission against terrorists when the incident happened.

 

This was contained in a statement released by the commissioner to journalists shortly after the Deputy Governor, Hadiza Balarabe, met with Islamic clerics, traditional rulers, heads of security agencies, where “the Nigerian Army explained the circumstances which led to the unfortunate and unintended attack.”

 

The meeting was held at the Sir Kashim Ibrahim Government House, Kaduna on Monday.

 

The commissioner said, “The General Officer Commanding One Division Nigerian Army, Major VU Okoro explained that the Nigerian Army was on a routine mission against terrorists but inadvertently affected members of the community.”

 

He added that search-and-rescue efforts were still ongoing, as dozens of injured victims during the incident had been evacuated to Barau Dikko Teaching Hospital by the state government.

 

He also quoted the deputy governor as having commiserated with the victims’ families, while praying for the repose of the victims’ souls.

 

The Overseeing Commissioner of Internal Security and Home Affairs, Samuel Aruwan, said the General Officer Commanding 1 Division, Nigerian Army, and Force Commander Operation Whirl Punch, Maj-Gen VU Okoro, admitted that the Nigerian Army was on a routine mission against terrorists when the incident happened.

 

This was contained in a statement released by the commissioner to journalists shortly after the Deputy Governor, Hadiza Balarabe, met with Islamic clerics, traditional rulers, heads of security agencies, where “the Nigerian Army explained the circumstances which led to the unfortunate and unintended attack.”

 

The meeting was held at the Sir Kashim Ibrahim Government House, Kaduna on Monday.

 

The commissioner said, “The General Officer Commanding One Division Nigerian Army, Major VU Okoro explained that the Nigerian Army was on a routine mission against terrorists but inadvertently affected members of the community.”

 

He added that search-and-rescue efforts were still ongoing, as dozens of injured victims during the incident had been evacuated to Barau Dikko Teaching Hospital by the state government.

 

He also quoted the deputy governor as having commiserated with the victims’ families, while praying for the repose of the victims’ souls.

The Reflector Newspaper's newsletters cover a variety of topics, from daily news to lifestyle content, markets info to medical news. Subscribe to get the latest information.

Unsubscribe
Previous Post

Emefiele: Nigerians in US Raise Alarm Over Human Rights Violation by Tinubu’s Govt

Next Post

Cash Crunch Worsens As Nigerian Banks Impose N10k Withdrawal Limit

Next Post
Cash Crunch Worsens As Nigerian Banks Impose N10k Withdrawal Limit

Cash Crunch Worsens As Nigerian Banks Impose N10k Withdrawal Limit

RECOMMENDED NEWS

SDP Crisis: Thugs Invade Party HQ Over Leadership Suspension

SDP Crisis: Thugs Invade Party HQ Over Leadership Suspension

2 months ago
BREAKING: El-Rufai Dumps APC For SDP

El-Rufai Still Our Card-carrying Member — APC Chieftain

3 weeks ago
You Can Go Abroad, Return When We Fix Nigeria – Peter Obi To Students

“Youths We Support Are Paid To Fight Us” – Peter Obi On Politics

4 months ago
Why President Tinubu Always Takes The Hard Road

Why President Tinubu Always Takes The Hard Road

12 months ago

FOLLOW US

BROWSE BY CATEGORIES

  • Business
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Style
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Health
  • Interview
  • Love & Relationships
  • News
  • Opinions
  • Politics
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Uncategorized

BROWSE BY TOPICS

#EndBadGovernance protest 2027 Elections ADC Ademola Adeleke Akpabio Alaafin Of Oyo APC Atiku Bola Tinubu Buhari By-Elections CBEX Coalition Dangote Refinery Defection Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) Economic Hardship EFCC Emergency Rule Federal Government of Nigeria Fubara Fuel Price Fuel Price Hike Goodluck Jonathan Gunmen INEC JAMB Natasha Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL) Nnamdi Kanu NNPC NNPCL Olubadan PDP Peter Obi President Ahmed Bola Tinubu Rivers Administrator Rivers Assembly Rivers Crisis Senate Tinubu UTME VeryDarkMan WAEC Wike

POPULAR NEWS

  • Congo’s President Daughter’s Bedroom Surfaces Online

    Congo’s President Daughter’s Bedroom Surfaces Online

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Economy Bleeds As Naira Hits Record Low With N72.58 Depreiciation Against Dollar

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Old Naira Notes Remain Valid – CBN

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Gospel Actress, Flora Of Abattoir Movie Series Is Dead

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • JUST IN: FCT Minister Wike Leads Eid-El-Fitr Homage To President Tinubu Amid Death Rumors

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
The Reflector Newspaper

Our mission at The Reflector Newspaper is to cultivate a dynamic digital space where truth, integrity, and diversity thrive.

Follow us on social media:

Recent News

  • Jonathan Consulting, Not Out Of 2027 Race — Brother
  • Tinubu-Shettima Campaign Coordinator In Zamfara Resigns
  • Abusive Marriage: Lagos Records 8,692 Domestic Violence Cases
  • Varsity Profs Demand N2.5m Salary

Category

  • Business
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Style
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Health
  • Interview
  • Love & Relationships
  • News
  • Opinions
  • Politics
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Uncategorized

Recent News

2027: Why Jonathan Should Not Contest — Shehu Sani

Jonathan Consulting, Not Out Of 2027 Race — Brother

August 30, 2025
Tinubu-Shettima Campaign Coordinator In Zamfara Resigns

Tinubu-Shettima Campaign Coordinator In Zamfara Resigns

August 30, 2025
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact

Copyright © 2024 The Reflector Newspaper. Website designed by Mavens Designs.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
  • Login
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Business
  • Opinions
  • Sport
  • Crime
  • Others
    • Education
    • Economy
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion & Style
    • Health
    • Interview
    • Love & Relationships
    • Technology

Copyright © 2024 The Reflector Newspaper. Website designed by Mavens Designs.

Verified by MonsterInsights