Asari-Dokubo Rejects Claim By Benin Monarch That Benin People Founded Lagos – The Reflector Newspaper
Saturday, August 30, 2025
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
The Reflector Newspaper
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Business
  • Opinions
  • Sport
  • Crime
  • Others
    • Education
    • Economy
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion & Style
    • Health
    • Interview
    • Love & Relationships
    • Technology
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
The Reflector Newspaper
Home Featured

Asari-Dokubo Rejects Claim By Benin Monarch That Benin People Founded Lagos

Adams Bamidele by Adams Bamidele
December 1, 2023
in Featured, News
0
Asari-Dokubo Rejects Claim By Benin Monarch That Benin People Founded Lagos
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInShare on WhatsAppShare on TelegramSend to Email

Ex-Niger Delta agitator, Mujahid Asari-Dokubo, on Thursday, joined the list of those who have so far faulted the claim that the Benin people founded Lagos.

Dokubo was seen in a video that went viral on Thursday saying that the Oba of Benin, Oba Ewuare II, had succeeded in sharing “parasitic history” with his position on the matter.

Related posts

2027: Why Jonathan Should Not Contest — Shehu Sani

Jonathan Consulting, Not Out Of 2027 Race — Brother

August 30, 2025
Tinubu-Shettima Campaign Coordinator In Zamfara Resigns

Tinubu-Shettima Campaign Coordinator In Zamfara Resigns

August 30, 2025

According to him, the Benin Army just attacked Lagos Island, and not the entire state, which include the spread to the hinterland of the modern Lagos.

In his address, the traditional ruler said, “It is in the history books that the Benins founded Lagos.”

His statement sparked outrage among Lagosians at home and abroad, including several concerned historians and Nigerians who have faulted the stance of the monarch.

Asari-Dokubo, on his part, said, “The Oba of Benin carried a parasitic history to Lagos. Most of these things did not even happen. People even said there was one said by Oba of Lagos, and they started chewing a narrative. The question I’m asking the Oba of Benin and the people is, did Benin now package the land of Lagos among the Yoruba people and Egun people? It doesn’t make sense!”

He wondered if those who believe that Lagos belongs to the Benin people, do not know the distance between Benin and Lagos.

He insisted that those who hold the belief that Lagos was founded by Benin people do not know history.

He added, “Dahomey attacked Lagos. Dahomey attacked Abeokuta. Dahomey people in the Benin Republic will now say they own Lagos.

“You don’t know history. A Benin Army attacked Ondo. Ijaw people ferried them. They went to attack Lagos Island. Not the whole of Lagos, just the Island.

“Lagos was made of five divisions. Four of these divisions were of the former western region. You don’t know history. Which Lagos belongs to Benin people?”

The ex-Niger Delta militant said while it sounds reasonable that the Benin Army attacked the people of Lagos, it is wrong to say that Lagos was founded by Benin people.

“And it is Lagos Island, that very tiny place that they are talking about. They are not talking of Ikeja, they are not talking of Ikorodu, they are not talking of Badagry, they are not talking of Mushin,” he added.

The Reflector Newspaper's newsletters cover a variety of topics, from daily news to lifestyle content, markets info to medical news. Subscribe to get the latest information.

Unsubscribe
Previous Post

Wike Uncovers Illegal Oil Refining Warehouse In Abuja

Next Post

War Resumes In Gaza As Truce Expires

Next Post
War Resumes In Gaza As Truce Expires

War Resumes In Gaza As Truce Expires

RECOMMENDED NEWS

Presidency Pledges To Remove Nigeria From FATF’s Grey List

Presidency Pledges To Remove Nigeria From FATF’s Grey List

1 year ago
EFCC Vows To Probe Matawalle Over Alleged N528bn Graft

EFCC Vows To Probe Matawalle Over Alleged N528bn Graft

4 months ago
APC Chieftain Accuses Kwankwaso Of Inciting North Against Southern Presidency

APC Chieftain Accuses Kwankwaso Of Inciting North Against Southern Presidency

1 month ago
Gridlock: Oyo-Ogbomoso Road Shut Down, Commuters Stranded

Gridlock: Oyo-Ogbomoso Road Shut Down, Commuters Stranded

11 months ago

FOLLOW US

BROWSE BY CATEGORIES

  • Business
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Style
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Health
  • Interview
  • Love & Relationships
  • News
  • Opinions
  • Politics
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Uncategorized

BROWSE BY TOPICS

#EndBadGovernance protest 2027 Elections ADC Ademola Adeleke Akpabio Alaafin Of Oyo APC Atiku Bola Tinubu Buhari By-Elections CBEX Coalition Dangote Refinery Defection Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) Economic Hardship EFCC Emergency Rule Federal Government of Nigeria Fubara Fuel Price Fuel Price Hike Goodluck Jonathan Gunmen INEC JAMB Natasha Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL) Nnamdi Kanu NNPC NNPCL Olubadan PDP Peter Obi President Ahmed Bola Tinubu Rivers Administrator Rivers Assembly Rivers Crisis Senate Tinubu UTME VeryDarkMan WAEC Wike

POPULAR NEWS

  • Congo’s President Daughter’s Bedroom Surfaces Online

    Congo’s President Daughter’s Bedroom Surfaces Online

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Economy Bleeds As Naira Hits Record Low With N72.58 Depreiciation Against Dollar

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Old Naira Notes Remain Valid – CBN

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Gospel Actress, Flora Of Abattoir Movie Series Is Dead

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • JUST IN: FCT Minister Wike Leads Eid-El-Fitr Homage To President Tinubu Amid Death Rumors

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
The Reflector Newspaper

Our mission at The Reflector Newspaper is to cultivate a dynamic digital space where truth, integrity, and diversity thrive.

Follow us on social media:

Recent News

  • Jonathan Consulting, Not Out Of 2027 Race — Brother
  • Tinubu-Shettima Campaign Coordinator In Zamfara Resigns
  • Abusive Marriage: Lagos Records 8,692 Domestic Violence Cases
  • Varsity Profs Demand N2.5m Salary

Category

  • Business
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Style
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Health
  • Interview
  • Love & Relationships
  • News
  • Opinions
  • Politics
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Uncategorized

Recent News

2027: Why Jonathan Should Not Contest — Shehu Sani

Jonathan Consulting, Not Out Of 2027 Race — Brother

August 30, 2025
Tinubu-Shettima Campaign Coordinator In Zamfara Resigns

Tinubu-Shettima Campaign Coordinator In Zamfara Resigns

August 30, 2025
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact

Copyright © 2024 The Reflector Newspaper. Website designed by Mavens Designs.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
  • Login
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Business
  • Opinions
  • Sport
  • Crime
  • Others
    • Education
    • Economy
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion & Style
    • Health
    • Interview
    • Love & Relationships
    • Technology

Copyright © 2024 The Reflector Newspaper. Website designed by Mavens Designs.

Verified by MonsterInsights