Pure Facts About Obi’s Victory By Tunde Dawood-Akerele

If you hear that every youth vote is for Obi, meaning that the youth wings of all other political parties are going to cast their votes for him. Please, is it possible? Behold, other candidates too have their own die-hard youth loyalists

462

From my own personal experience as the former State Publicity Secretary of Accord party in Osun State I can practically declare that winning a general election requires a lot of things. Any political party that doesn’t have structures at all levels will only have its logo and name appeared on the ballot papers. In the recent governorship election we featured a well known and well to do candidate but for the fact that our party is not well spread hence we scored poorly low. Our candidate, olule big time.

Aare Tunde Dawood-Akerele

The Obedients are yet to possess the quality and the quantity that can win general elections as far as this country called Nigeria is concerned in the next 7 months. With what is obtainable at the moment, there is no point hyping their size or weight
Honestly, I’ve been searching for the Obedient structures. Obviously, they are not conspicuous on the street, no one knows where they hold their unit, ward and local government meetings. You can confirm in your own areas too.

2023 elections are going to hold at polling stations, monitored by different political parties’ agents while 79% of the Obedients are currently in the diaspora and the question is this; ‘can the remaining 21% do all that requires to win presidential election for Obi?’

As far as this election is concerned, they can only try to register their participation but if they remain intact and formidable for the next few years (which is one million percent impossible because everyone of them was in different groups or parties barely a year ago even Obi himself was in the PDP early this year) they may likely graduate to a winning level.

If you hear that every youth vote is for Obi, meaning that the youth wings of all other political parties are going to cast their votes for him. Please, is it possible? Behold, other candidates too have their own die-hard youth loyalists.

I don’t dispute his performance when he gets the mandate but how can he sail through to the villa without putting the necessary structures in place.
How many PDP members across the 36 states of the federation decamped with him to the Labour Party?
How many groups of the Obedients are willing to do house to house campaign for him in Ibadan, Osogbo, Ilorin, Akure, Ado Ekiti, Abeokuta, Kaduna, Kano, Jos, Yenogoa, Jigawa, Maiduguri, Minna, Lokoja etc because there is no presence of Labour Party in these aforementioned state capitals?
Won’t he need their votes?

Winning a general elections is not a small task. It’s isn’t limited to social media activities. Again, it’s not always about one person irrespective of how enigmatic he is. Also, it’s not a kind of journey one can begin just within ten months. The preparatory stage of it is bigger and lengthier than the main one.

Sometimes it’s better to dwell on reality than forecasting an illusory and elusive outcome. This coming election has to do more with the reality. Peradventure all those things that require to make him winner could be met spontaneously hence Buhari will hand over to him come May 29, 2023.

Aare Tunde Dawood-Akerele

A Lagos based Publisher, Novelist, Poet and Politician.

Comments