NJC Nominates Abba Aji As Supreme Court Justice
The National Judicial Council (NJC) under the Chairmanship of Chief Justice Of Nigeria (CJN) Justice Walter Samuel Nkanu Onnoghen, has recommended to President Muhammadu Buhari the appointment of Justice Uwani Musa Abba Aji as the New Justice of the Supreme Court.
In a statement on Friday, the NJC Director of Information, Mr Soji Oye, said that the Council also recommended the appointments of heads of courts and other judges, to the governors of Abia, Benue, Kwara ,Ogun and Oyo states.
According to Mr Oye the decision on those appointed were recommended to President Muhammadu Buhari at its 87th Meeting of 3rd and 4th October 2018.
Channels TV reports that the newly appointed candidates will be sworn-in after the approval of President Buhari and their respective state governors as the case may be.
Below is the full list:
- APPOINTMENT OF ONE (1) JUSTICE, SUPREME COURT OF NIGERIA.
Honourable Mr Justice Uwani Musa Abba Aji, (JCA)
- APPOINTMENT OF CHIEF JUDGE, ABIA STATE HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE
Hon. Mr. Justice Onuoha Arisa Kalu Ogwe
- APPOINTMENT OF CHIEF JUDGE, BENUE STATE HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE
Hon. Mr. Justice Aondover Kaka’an
- APPOINTMENT OF CHIEF JUDGE, OGUN STATE HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE
Hon. Mr. Justice Mosunmola Arinola Dipeolu
- APPOINTMENT OF THREE (3) JUDGES, OGUN STATE HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE
Oludayo Oluwabamise Osunfisan
Olusola Stephen Oloyede
Olatunde Hassan Oyajinmi
- APPOINTMENT OF ONE (1) KADI SHARIA COURT OF APPEAL, KWARA STATE