Fireworks In N/Korea Over Successful Nuclear Test – The Reflector Newspaper
Saturday, August 30, 2025
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
The Reflector Newspaper
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Business
  • Opinions
  • Sport
  • Crime
  • Others
    • Education
    • Economy
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion & Style
    • Health
    • Interview
    • Love & Relationships
    • Technology
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
The Reflector Newspaper
Home Foreign News

Fireworks In N/Korea Over Successful Nuclear Test

Adams Bamidele by Adams Bamidele
September 8, 2017
in Foreign News
0
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInShare on WhatsAppShare on TelegramSend to Email

North Korea’s capital Pyongyang was full of activities on Thursday as the country celebrated its successful nuclear test carried out on Sunday.

Fireworks blazed through the sky in Pyongyang as thousands of people attended a mass rally to celebrate the administration of President Kim Jong Un.

Related posts

Japan Deny Plans To Create Special Visas For Skilled Nigerians

Japan Deny Plans To Create Special Visas For Skilled Nigerians

August 26, 2025
Outrage As Badenoch Proposes 15-yr-wait For British Citizenship

I’m Under Attack Over My Race And Ethnicity – Kemi Badenoch

August 24, 2025

Speakers at the rally vowed to end “the destiny of the gangster-like U.S. imperialists.”

The scientists responsible for developing the supposed hydrogen bomb that was detonated Sunday were welcomed to streets of cheering citizens leading to Pyongyang’s Kim Il Sung Square.

Photos and a video released by the official Korean Central News Agency showed thousands more lining up in the capital.

“[North Korea’s military] will put an end to the destiny of the gangster-like U.S. imperialists through the most merciless and strongest preemptive strikes if they and the hordes of traitors finally ignite a war,” rally speakers told attendees.

North Korea claimed Sunday’s blast was a “perfect success” and its largest detonation to date. Experts estimated the explosion to have a yield of at least 100 kilotons – four to five times more powerful than the explosion in Nagasaki, Japan in 1945.

This is the sixth nuclear test North Korea has conducted since the first one carried out in 2006. Leader Kim Jong Un has continued to make huge strides in the country’s nuclear and missile program since taking power in 2011 following his father’s death.

The successes have been largely credited to the scientists Kim Jong Un brought in to identify and fix problems in his missiles and nuclear devices.

Kim Jong Sik is one of the scientists leading the missile program who climbed up the North Korean ranks after he helped successfully launch a rocket in December 2012.

The scientist was not present for Sunday’s nuclear blast, but had been next to Kim for the country’s first ICBM tests in July, Michael Madden, director of North Korea Leadership Watch, told Fox News.

Hours before the nuclear test, state-run media released photos showing Kim and top nuclear scientists inspecting what appeared to be a two-stage thermonuclear weapon.

The size and peanut-like shape of the weapon fits relatively well with known designs that could plausibly be bolted into a re-entry vehicle and paired with a ballistic missile capable of reaching the U.S. mainland.

North Korea could launch another ICBM as early as Saturday, the country’s founding day, South Korea Prime Minister Lee Nak-yon warned Thursday.

Han Tae Song, the ambassador of North Korea to the U.N. in Geneva, said earlier this week more “gift packages” – the rogue regime’s way of describing missile and nuclear tests – will be headed towards the U.S. if sanctions and international pressures to end its nuclear program continued.

North Korea released a series of threats through KCNA saying U.S. will “will face unprecedentedly resolute counteraction” if new sanctions are imposed.

“If the U.S. adheres to sanctions and pressure…it will face unprecedentedly resolute counteraction it cannot hold control of,” the statement read.

“Japan should clearly understand its position and stop indecent deed of acting as the U.S. cat’s paw,” it continued.

The Reflector Newspaper's newsletters cover a variety of topics, from daily news to lifestyle content, markets info to medical news. Subscribe to get the latest information.

Unsubscribe
Previous Post

FAO To Tackle Army-Worm Disease In Africa

Next Post

FG Offers Support For Nickel Project In Mining

Next Post

FG Offers Support For Nickel Project In Mining

RECOMMENDED NEWS

JUST IN: Senate Passes N54.99tr 2025 Budget

Early Voting Bill For Essential Workers Scales Second Reading In Senate

6 months ago
APC Slams PDP Chairman For Praising Plateau Gov

APC Slams PDP Chairman For Praising Plateau Gov

4 months ago
Kano NSCDC Apprehends Suspect In Violent Attack, Armed Robbery

Kano NSCDC Apprehends Suspect In Violent Attack, Armed Robbery

10 months ago
Ondo State Assembly Approves 12 Commissioner Nominees For Inclusion In State Executive Council

Ondo State Assembly Approves 12 Commissioner Nominees For Inclusion In State Executive Council

1 year ago

FOLLOW US

BROWSE BY CATEGORIES

  • Business
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Style
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Health
  • Interview
  • Love & Relationships
  • News
  • Opinions
  • Politics
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Uncategorized

BROWSE BY TOPICS

#EndBadGovernance protest 2027 Elections ADC Ademola Adeleke Akpabio Alaafin Of Oyo APC Atiku Bola Tinubu Buhari By-Elections CBEX Coalition Dangote Refinery Defection Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) Economic Hardship EFCC Emergency Rule Federal Government of Nigeria Fubara Fuel Price Fuel Price Hike Goodluck Jonathan Gunmen INEC JAMB Natasha Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL) Nnamdi Kanu NNPC NNPCL Olubadan PDP Peter Obi President Ahmed Bola Tinubu Rivers Administrator Rivers Assembly Rivers Crisis Senate Tinubu UTME VeryDarkMan WAEC Wike

POPULAR NEWS

  • Congo’s President Daughter’s Bedroom Surfaces Online

    Congo’s President Daughter’s Bedroom Surfaces Online

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Economy Bleeds As Naira Hits Record Low With N72.58 Depreiciation Against Dollar

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Old Naira Notes Remain Valid – CBN

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Gospel Actress, Flora Of Abattoir Movie Series Is Dead

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • JUST IN: FCT Minister Wike Leads Eid-El-Fitr Homage To President Tinubu Amid Death Rumors

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
The Reflector Newspaper

Our mission at The Reflector Newspaper is to cultivate a dynamic digital space where truth, integrity, and diversity thrive.

Follow us on social media:

Recent News

  • Jonathan Consulting, Not Out Of 2027 Race — Brother
  • Tinubu-Shettima Campaign Coordinator In Zamfara Resigns
  • Abusive Marriage: Lagos Records 8,692 Domestic Violence Cases
  • Varsity Profs Demand N2.5m Salary

Category

  • Business
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Style
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Health
  • Interview
  • Love & Relationships
  • News
  • Opinions
  • Politics
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Uncategorized

Recent News

2027: Why Jonathan Should Not Contest — Shehu Sani

Jonathan Consulting, Not Out Of 2027 Race — Brother

August 30, 2025
Tinubu-Shettima Campaign Coordinator In Zamfara Resigns

Tinubu-Shettima Campaign Coordinator In Zamfara Resigns

August 30, 2025
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact

Copyright © 2024 The Reflector Newspaper. Website designed by Mavens Designs.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
  • Login
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Business
  • Opinions
  • Sport
  • Crime
  • Others
    • Education
    • Economy
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion & Style
    • Health
    • Interview
    • Love & Relationships
    • Technology

Copyright © 2024 The Reflector Newspaper. Website designed by Mavens Designs.

Verified by MonsterInsights