FG Approves Privatisation Of Afam Power Plants – The Reflector Newspaper
Friday, August 29, 2025
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
The Reflector Newspaper
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Business
  • Opinions
  • Sport
  • Crime
  • Others
    • Education
    • Economy
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion & Style
    • Health
    • Interview
    • Love & Relationships
    • Technology
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
The Reflector Newspaper
Home Business

FG Approves Privatisation Of Afam Power Plants

Adams Bamidele by Adams Bamidele
September 5, 2017
in Business
0
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInShare on WhatsAppShare on TelegramSend to Email

Nigeria’s National Council on Privatisation (NCP) has approved the commencement of the privatisation of Afam Power plants 1 to 5 in Rivers state.

NCP chaired by the Vice President Yemi Osinbajo is the highest decision making body on policies relating to the privatisation and commercialisation policies of the Federal Government.

Related posts

UN Ranks Nigeria 8th On African industrialization Index, 98th Globally

UN Ranks Nigeria 8th On African industrialization Index, 98th Globally

August 18, 2025
Furious Benue Commuters Left Stranded As Fuel Price Hits N1,500/litre

NNPCL Reduces Fuel Price After Dangote Refinery’s Adjustment

August 14, 2025

According to statement issued by the Vice Presidential Spokesman, Mr Laolu Akande, on Monday the measure is to inject additional power into the national grid and improve electricity supply nationwide.

Akande said other decisions were taken during the meeting of the NCP, between Aug. 22 and Aug. 23, 2017 at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

According to Akande, the Council also approved the pursuit of an out-of-court settlement involving the privatisation of Aluminium Smelter Company of Nigeria (ALSCON).

The move, he said, aimed to resolve the lingering dispute between the Federal Government, BFIG and United Company RUSAL through the mediation of the Secretariat with the active collaboration of the Federal Ministry of Mines and Steel Development.

The council advised that “the mediation efforts should take a holistic view of the entire sector and the overriding national interests to jumpstart industrial development through the steel sector in arriving at a resolution on the matter.”

The council also reviewed the proposals presented by its Secretariat, the Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE), for the reform and restructuring of various sectors of the economy.

Consequently, it approved the immediate revocation of the concession of the Lagos International Trade Fair Complex and the immediate commencement of a fresh privatisation of Yola Electricity Distribution Company.

The approvals, he said , were aimed at giving traction to key infrastructure facilities in the country presently under concessions but had been adjudged to be performing sub-optimally.

Other key decisions taken by the council included the approval of the amendments to the Work Plan for the conclusion of the transaction involving the concessioning of Terminal “B” Warri Old Port.

The Council also approved the restructuring and recapitalisation of Bank of Agriculture.

“The restructuring of the BOA is in alignment with the Government’s desire to make financing options readily available to farmers for an aggressive diversification of the Nigerian economy.”

He said the council also approved the immediate commencement of the reform and commercialisation of the River Basin Development Authorities to revitalise the irrigation and river basin potential for agricultural purposes.

Similarly, to harness the nation’s untapped tourism potential, the council approved the partial commercialisation of the National Parks using three key national parks as pilot projects.

The Reflector Newspaper's newsletters cover a variety of topics, from daily news to lifestyle content, markets info to medical news. Subscribe to get the latest information.

Unsubscribe
Previous Post

The Mysterious Death Of Chigozie In India And Biafra Connection

Next Post

Boko Haram Kills 381 Civilians In 5 Months

Next Post

Boko Haram Kills 381 Civilians In 5 Months

RECOMMENDED NEWS

EFCC To Checkmate Corrupt Practices With Adopted Tech

EFCC Debunks Political Links In Achimugu’s Probe

5 months ago
Hardship Protest: 50 Detained In Nasarawa

Police Brutality: Lagos Widower Paralyzed, Sentenced, Seeks Justice

1 year ago
Bobrisky Sues VeryDarkMan For Defamation, Claims Voice Recording Was AI- Generated

Bobrisky Sues VeryDarkMan For Defamation, Claims Voice Recording Was AI- Generated

11 months ago
‘NNPP Dead’, Ganduje Predicts Kwankwaso’s Return To APC

Why Ganduje Stepped Down As APC Chairman — Aide

3 weeks ago

FOLLOW US

BROWSE BY CATEGORIES

  • Business
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Style
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Health
  • Interview
  • Love & Relationships
  • News
  • Opinions
  • Politics
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Uncategorized

BROWSE BY TOPICS

#EndBadGovernance protest 2027 Elections ADC Ademola Adeleke Akpabio Alaafin Of Oyo APC Atiku Bola Tinubu Buhari By-Elections CBEX Coalition Dangote Refinery Defection Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) Economic Hardship EFCC Emergency Rule Federal Government of Nigeria Fubara Fuel Price Fuel Price Hike Gunmen INEC JAMB Natasha Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL) Nnamdi Kanu NNPC NNPCL NYSC Olubadan PDP Peter Obi President Ahmed Bola Tinubu Rivers Administrator Rivers Assembly Rivers Crisis Senate Tinubu UTME VeryDarkMan WAEC Wike

POPULAR NEWS

  • Congo’s President Daughter’s Bedroom Surfaces Online

    Congo’s President Daughter’s Bedroom Surfaces Online

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Economy Bleeds As Naira Hits Record Low With N72.58 Depreiciation Against Dollar

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Old Naira Notes Remain Valid – CBN

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Gospel Actress, Flora Of Abattoir Movie Series Is Dead

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • JUST IN: FCT Minister Wike Leads Eid-El-Fitr Homage To President Tinubu Amid Death Rumors

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
The Reflector Newspaper

Our mission at The Reflector Newspaper is to cultivate a dynamic digital space where truth, integrity, and diversity thrive.

Follow us on social media:

Recent News

  • NEITI Backs Ojulari To Deliver Oil Sector Reforms
  • Edo NDLEA Decorates 7 Deputy Commanders 
  • Delta Deputy Speaker Criticizes Oil Firms For Ignoring Meeting
  • Former Super Eagles Striker Ujah Retires From Football

Category

  • Business
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Style
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Health
  • Interview
  • Love & Relationships
  • News
  • Opinions
  • Politics
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Uncategorized

Recent News

NEITI Backs Ojulari To Deliver Oil Sector Reforms

NEITI Backs Ojulari To Deliver Oil Sector Reforms

August 29, 2025
Edo NDLEA Decorates 7 Deputy Commanders 

Edo NDLEA Decorates 7 Deputy Commanders 

August 29, 2025
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact

Copyright © 2024 The Reflector Newspaper. Website designed by Mavens Designs.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
  • Login
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Featured
  • Foreign News
  • Business
  • Opinions
  • Sport
  • Crime
  • Others
    • Education
    • Economy
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion & Style
    • Health
    • Interview
    • Love & Relationships
    • Technology

Copyright © 2024 The Reflector Newspaper. Website designed by Mavens Designs.

Verified by MonsterInsights